Anita Ekberg

violet

Reaction score
smok2.jpg

Anyone else like her? In terms of 50's blonde bombshells, I think I prefer her to Marilyn Munroe.

She was great in La Dolce Vita....very stylish really.

ae.jpg

the famous Fontana dress....

ae6.jpg

ae3.jpg

- wearing a pucci blouse

sources: All from http://bwaanaman.freeweb-hosting.com/anita/index.html

I don't prefer her over MM, but sweet mother what an amazing body she had! And I love "La Dolce Vita"!

Thanks for the pix! She is such a cool lady :flower: Very excentric indeed.

glad to see some interest! :flower:

LoveKylie said:
I don't prefer her over MM, but sweet mother what an amazing body she had! And I love "La Dolce Vita"!

Yes, she did have a great body, in her hey day. I haven't seen anything other than 'La Dolce Vita' but from my understanding many of her films exploited that, much like Brigitte Bardot's career. ^_^ Unfortunately as she got older she became heavier and her career started to dwindle...

Thanks for the pix!
You're welcome, here are a few more.

Love, love, love her!! Thanks so much for starting this thread :flower:

She´s a goddess! much tougher than MM was but not such a great actress IMO.

pics fr ebay::heart:

Attachments

• anita_010.jpg
    anita_010.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 18
  • anitaekberg-ago73.jpg
    anitaekberg-ago73.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
  • LotImg5926.jpg
    LotImg5926.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
  • pix36.jpg
    pix36.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 10
here are a few more

For some reason I can't edit my post :unsure: but I forgot to label my source, (http://bwaanaman.freeweb-hosting.com/anita)

Thanks so much for starting this thread
Your welcome! :blush:

Here is a small blurb on her from wikipedia.org, for those who aren't familiar with her:
Kerstin Anita Marianne Ekberg (born on September 29, 1931 in Malmö, Sweden) was a model and actress. A 1951 Miss Sweden -- she competed in the Miss Universe pageant -- she is best-known for her role as Sylvia in La Dolce Vita, directed by the late Federico Fellini. Ethel Merman dubbed the well-endowed Ekberg (measurements 40-22-36) "the thinking man's dunce cap: two of them." Bob Hope joked that her parents had received the Nobel Prize for architecture.

She made many movies, but few in English. Among her most prominent films are the low-budget Screaming Mimi in 1958, Fellini's La Dolce Vita in 1960, in which she played the unattainable "dream woman"; Boccaccio '70 in 1962, a movie that also featured Sophia Loren; two films in 1966, The Alphabet Murders and Way...Way Out, the latter introducing Linda Harrison in her first movie; Woman Times Seven in 1967, with Shirley MacLaine; and a small role in If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium in 1969.

Ekberg was married to the British actor Anthony Steel from 1956 to 1959. From 1963 to 1975, she was married to the actor Rik Van Nutter; during their marriage, she had several miscarriages, but no successful pregnancies.

She reportedly also was romantically involved with Tyrone Power, Marcello Mastroianni, Errol Flynn, Yul Brynner, Frank Sinatra, and Gary Cooper; she also had a three-year affair with the late Fiat chairman Gianni Agnelli.

She has lived alone in Rome, Italy for many years.

Thanks for the pictures lady stardust. As far as acting, she was good in La Dolce Vita, but I suppose she would have to be, since she was mainly playing herself!

more pics of Anita:woot:
source: ebay

Attachments

• 0d_1_b.jpg
    0d_1_b.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 14330.jpg
    14330.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 01anitaa.jpg
    01anitaa.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
She's a blonde Sophia Loren!

poster.net
ekberg-anita-photo-anita-ekberg-6202290.jpg
r

imagemakers.mb
ekberg36.jpg

ekberg15.jpg

ekberg14.jpg

ekberg45.jpg

ekberg30.jpg
ekberg44.jpg

my mom always told me that anita had won a miss world title some time in the 50's and that she was dubbed "the woman with the perfect measurments"

ank9 said:
my mom always told me that anita had won a miss world title some time in the 50's and that she was dubbed "the woman with the perfect measurments"
Anita won Miss Sweden in 1950. When she won Miss Sweden her measurements were 39 1/2-22-36. :woot: She is such a gorgeous woman. Unfortunately I haven't seen La Dolce Vita yet but I have seen her in Back From Eternity (1956) and War and Peace (1956).

hear sre some pic hope you all like them they from hollywoodpinup.com

Attachments

• anitaeckberg5.jpg
    anitaeckberg5.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • anitaeckberg6.jpg
    anitaeckberg6.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 356
  • anitaeckberg7.jpg
    anitaeckberg7.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 351
pics are from members.fortunecity.com

Attachments

• anitaeckberg4.jpg
    anitaeckberg4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
  • anitaeckberg3.jpg
    anitaeckberg3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 9
  • anitaeckberg2.jpg
    anitaeckberg2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
  • anitaeckberg1.jpg
    anitaeckberg1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
  • anitaeckberg.jpg
    anitaeckberg.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
here some nice pics netgilmse.com

Attachments

• anitaeckberg1.jpg
    anitaeckberg1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
  • anitaeckberg2.jpg
    anitaeckberg2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 4
  • anitaeckberg3.jpg
    anitaeckberg3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13
  • anitaeckberg4.jpg
    anitaeckberg4.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
  • anitaeckberg5.jpg
    anitaeckberg5.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 5
I just wanted to bump up this thread with some more pictures of the lovely Anita Ekberg. :D [sources: simplyclassics and alamy]

This is my favourite picture of Anita Ekberg. She just looks so cool and stylish.

AnitaEkbergattheEntertainmentCinema.jpg
anitaekbergattheentertainmentcinemainlondononthe5thofjn6.jpg
anitaekberg4dn4.jpg
aad23esd9.jpg
ag27k8ua4.jpg
a4ddaaod3.jpg

my.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members