Anna Piaggi

Discussion in 'Icons From The Past' started by kit, Aug 15, 2004.

1. kit

kit New Member

2. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

she's great!

3. kit

kit New Member

Well , we can at least agree with Karl Lagerfeld on something . :clap:

KIT :innocent:

4. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

She is one of my absolute favorite fashion people. Alongside Isabella Blow who also has a penchant for hats albeit from Treacy.

I also have all her books. For the premiere of her "Fashion Algebra" she wore a Jean-Charles de Castelbajac designed as a replica of the book.

[​IMG]

5. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I admire her individuality, she definitly marches to the beat of her own blue-haired drummer.

6. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

7. helena

helena Swim Upstream

thanks Stylegurrl - read this on sunday (in the paper with pics). I thought she sounded nice. Did you see the pic of her 'before' fashion? God - she looked normal. He outfits are loopy! Saw her in Paris in March - she does look crazy but you have to admire her for it somehow..... the fashion world would be a boring place if all the fash-mag people dressed like anna wintour....

8. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

You're welcome Helena-I am glad you liked the article. To be honest I don't read Italian Vogue (it and French Vogue are too expensive here :( ) so i am not really familiar with Ms. Piaggi. She does seem very cool though.

9. helena

helena Swim Upstream

I sometimes buy both Italian & French vogue - can't read Italian vogue but the editorials are really good so don't care if i can't read it. french vogue is good - quite high brow compared to the others. I once spent £32 on a magazine. thats disgusting isn't it! Think i still have it - it was late eighties I think - it had pics of Prada's first fashion collection.

10. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Anna Piaggi is creative designer's dream as she simply adores anything with character....as she is herself. She's such a delight to have in such a pretentious fashion world.

11. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

she's a bit nutty...her hair is always pale blue or lavendar...she's definitely a character...but i can't say whe's ever looked good to me...

i never quite understood her position at vogue italia...the article explained alot of things...

thanks for posting... :flower:

12. helena

helena Swim Upstream

I keep meaning to ask this question of you folks in the fashion industry - what exactly does 'fashion editor-at-large' mean? what do they do as opposed to just fashion editors?

13. Scott

You know what I really haven't a clue :lol: But I will say,somehow you only see this at big titles where they can afford to have an incredible amount of staff members. But I don't know.

14. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I think she is wonderful, i have so much love and respect for people who dress how the want and love thinsg with fantasy and creativety :heart:

15. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

what a great article. I admire people like her that look at fashion as fun and not so concerned with the who, what aspect of it all. I don't know if I've ever seen pics of Anna, but her story brings Lynn Yeager to mind.

I always thought "at large" meant something to the extent of freelance. I know a woman who calls herself "beauty editor at large" for Oprah's mag and Glamour, but she only really writes freelance.

16. sheslee2

sheslee2 New Member

i'm not sure but i always thought at large meant... travelling or something... not based at a specific location...??

17. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

Here's some pictures. She's an absolutely wonderful dresser alongside Isabella Blow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ][​IMG]

This is Isabella Blow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

Thanks for the pics Incroyable. What a fabulous woman. And I love Isabella's style.

19. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

editor at large means freelance...those of you who thought that are correct...it means they have a contract but are not on staff...

20. Scott

There are alot of eccentric editors like Piaggi and Blow. Diane Pernet who writes/directs for Disciple Films is always noticed for wearing only black and a beehive hairstyle;and my flame-haired friend Ninette Murk in Antwerp--are two on the top of my head that some of you might know of.