Anne Valerie Hash F/W 09.10 Paris

^yeah it's pretty bland for avh,imo. i really miss her mannish romantic deconstruction...it was so much more post-modern and organic than what she's been doing.

I love the tights and I'd like to see the shoes more closely

all the pantsuit/pant-jacket outfits look exactly like what my mom would wear if she had the money. and that is NOT a good thing :yuk:

the materials and details are lovely but the fit is blah

I don't know, the whole thing seems depressing to me

This is underwhelming and I really hate to say it but there are a few pieces that look pretty cheap. I was expecting more, merr.

its very sears looool , the pantsuits are very matronly

Yes, those pantsuits are indeed looking very matronly... I can't think of any of woman that would happily purchase and wear any of these... To be honest, that AVH I used to like for her interesting takes on deconstructed/reconstructed menswear for women is long gone by now... it was really just the beginning of her career that caught my interest, it only got worse when she started introducing all of that 'froufrou'...

The fur piece is not lovely--not because it is only fur, but also because the silhouette and design is just ridiculous imho. I do agree that the shoes could be fabulous, but a detail shot is needed to determine so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of it says "granny goes to brunch." What kind of fit, fashionable, stylish young woman would wear such unflattering clothing? LOL!

Yes, those pantsuits are indeed looking very matronly... I can't think of any of woman that would happily purchase and wear any of these... To be honest, that AVH I used to like for her interesting takes on deconstructed/reconstructed menswear for women is long gone by now... it was really just the beginning of her career that caught my interest, it only got worse when she started introducing all of that 'froufrou'...

i agree completely. those first four or maybe five seasons were stunning. i miss that approach. it's kind of what she built her label on....it's how she sort of honed her craft working with her father's suits and such. i wish she would return to that. also in addition to the fore-mentioned elements,she her sense of volume was superb.

There are cute pieces but it's a very boring collection in general.

I absolutely hate the fur piece and that gray jumpsuit! Eww!
All in all, some of it is good, some of it not so.

what the hell?! AVH... seriously, what is this?

NOT what I was expecting. These muted colors with 80's-ness... no thanks.

I'm finding a lot of designers who usually have a reliable and lovely niche seem to be taking a turn for the worst this season by trying too hard to do something different.

She seems to have lost her edge and vision for quite a few seasons now...This is no exception :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->