AnOther Magazine Fall / Winter 12.13 : Carey Mulligan by Craig McDean

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
AnOther Magazine presents Carey Mulligan as the cover star of its autumn/winter edition, in a UK-exclusive cover shoot photographed by Craig McDean and styled by Olivier Rizzo. One of cinema’s most extraordinary talents, Mulligan talks to award-winning playwright Polly Stenham about life, love and transformation, alongside photographs of the actress in Prada and Miu Miu tailoring, taken inside a giant plastic bubble.

This issue is the first under the fashion directorship of Katie Shillingford. Her stunning couture story shot in Paris with Ruth Hogben is accompanied by Susannah Frankel's interviews with couture's leading designers including Raf Simons, Karl Lagerfeld, Donatella Versace and Riccardo Tisci. Look out for the film version of the story on AnOthermag.com next week.

Elsewhere, legendary stylist Olivier Rizzo and photographer Willy Vanderperre pay tribute to fashion’s power girls – from Guinevere Van Seenus and Miranda Kerr, to Natasha Poly and Raquel Zimmermann – in a unique portfolio of characters shot exclusively for AnOther Magazine.

Interviews include Hans Ulrich Obrist’s candid chat with the grande dame of French cinema, Jeanne Moreau, Benn Northover’s conversation with Jonas Mekas, and Skye Sherwin's exclusive interview with Luc Tuymans, one of the world’s most famous and outspoken painters, accompanied by the first revealing of a major new body of his work.

AnOther Document is devoted to the literary tradition of walking, with fiction, essays and musings from Will Self, Susan Sontag, Bruce Chatwin, Raymond Bradbury and Joe Dunthorne.

The autumn/winter issue of AnOther Magazine is on sale next week
anothermag.com

Moderators Note: Corrections, per Anothermag.com .....

"There was a mistake made in our article and the models featured in our shoots are: Guinevere Van Seenus and Jessica Stam, to Natasha Poly and Magdalena Frackowiak - NOT Guinevere Van Seenus and Miranda Kerr, to Natasha Poly and Raquel Zimmermann."

Attachments

• 233786.jpg
    233786.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I like the composition a lot actually. Unusual for a cover shot, it's rather nice.

I don't really like the cover, but the content sounds amazing
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh I like this...although I much prefer what Thompson did with her for W on a beauty level.

The last couple of issues of AnOther have been lacklustre though; hopefully there is at least a fashion editorial by McDean inside this one.

Can't wait to see the contents! Sounds very promising!

Really like the angle this was shot in and Carey looks very grown up.

I love that they shot her inside a giant bubble- it's certainly not something you see every day! I think it works really well, especially with the way Carey is styled for the cover.

Great cover. Looks unventional and fresh. What a nice try ^_^

I love Carey, so i am thrilled she is on the cover and the composition of the cover is unique and eye catching.

What a great cover very unuasual, makes me really excited for her editorial.

I love Carey :heart: Her fashion spreads are usually very interesting and this time is no exception! I can't wait to see more.

Love it! Carey's expression (or face shape.. I don't know what is it) tend to bother me but since she's looking up, they kind of make more sense here.. and the styling/background is amazing.. the kind of precision I expect from AnOther. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->