Any other websites for re-selling besides ebay?

Ecrater which I haven't used. I just heard it's an ebay alternative. I may give this site a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish we had a forum on tFS for trading/reselling with other members (with a specific criteria, such as a certain amount of quality posts here) to avoid ebay fees and headaches. I know it'd be hard to manage but I'd be up for helping to run it, if it ever became a possibility here.
flowers.gif

that's a great idea, it would be so much easier than ebay! :smile:

i have a shop of personal things i wanna and need to sell but since my ebay days, paypal is playing up and blocked my account and i just simply dont wanna waste time with them anymore.

which other option do i have?
this is GOOOOOOD stuff i wanna sell!

I feel the same way... I have more bins of great stuff I'd like to sell but I am so frustrated with eBay. The fee's are ridiculous. . . I have $65 in ebay fees this month yet feel like I haven't sold that many things. I'm also fed up with the new policies on feedback, sellers can't leave negatives... what the heck?! I wish there was a legitimate alternative.

I love the idea of a selling forum here, but it would be difficult to run and oversee everything, IMO.

Great idea, Inaya - I actually had the same thoughts. Tpf has a selling forum so why couldn't we?

I am also shocked and amazed at how many people who buy my items have deaths in the family or sick mothers. I am starting to feel like the grim reaper.

Hi, I'm extremely sorry not to have been in touch prior to today, but my family has been going through the most awful time over the past several weeks since being told that my mother in law had throat cancer and only had a couple of weeks to live. Then last Monday I was told that my mother had also passed away. I can only apologise for everything and I promise you that I will be forwarding you the payment for this asap in the coming week.

Isn't it so, till now i had two grannies that died and a shocking car crash that landed the bidder in the hospital for weeks. Ebay it's horrible and useless at the moment, but still no there is no website that compares in terms of interest.

The referenced bidder that I had did finally pay after 3 weeks. But yeah... eBay really sucks in general. I can still do well on there, but it is a TON more work than it should be

Selling on tFs would be great for everyone... buyers and sellers! We'd get people who really want the items and maybe people would be willing to trade too!

I've been selling my stuff on Ebay for awhile now and then they said I couldn't sell anything until my shipping "star" went up past 5.1 or something. I had a 4.9 rating in shipping, thanks to some customer who didn't receive their item probably as fast as they wanted it. Although I had 100% feedback and over 5.5 ratings in other areas, I couldn't sell anything for a YEAR and every month Ebay customer service said "wait another month"...such BS!!!! It wasn't even my fault it was just normal delivery time. I ship things out within a day of payment!

Ok anyway yeah this thread should probably be called "I hate Ebay" hahaha.

btw we did ask the site owners about such a forum, and unfortunately, we learned that it's not a possibility for tFS, not right now anyways.

Yeah, I think a buying/selling forum would be great on TFS! As long as there were rules and everyone paid by Paypal there wouldn't be much problem

I am so so so frustrated with eBay. It used to be great for getting some extra cash but the fees have gotten ridiculous and the no neg for buyers is terrible. I think in the past it was slanted towards sellers and people were afraid to buy because of fraud but now it's not fair for buyers. I had 2 people who never even contacted me file paypal claims and win because theres nothing I can do - paypal always sides with the buyer. I'm out $150 and the items. Buyers have unresonable requests that you pretty much have to fulfill them or they give you 1 star and your suspended. 4 stars is labeled "good" but you cant sell if you get under 4.1, so they ban sellers that are "good". eBay removes my auctions for no reason and when I email them about the explanations dont make any sense and they avoid the actual question. They wont let me sell anything in the health/beauty category even though I have 100% feedback, paypal verified, etc. When I do get to actually sell something to an honest buyer the fees are so high it's barley worth it. It's already insulting how little stuff sells for and this just makes it worse. I think they grew too fast and couldnt keep up with it. Now instead of trying to improve things they just keep raising fees for the few people still selling.

I still love ebay for buying and as much as I hate selling there it's unfortunatley still the best option right now. The stuff I'm listing now I'll also be listing on bonanzle and hinting to it in the auctions but it seems unless your selling handbags bonanzle isnt that great. The TPF girls are crazy but I think they pretty much single handedly made bonanzle the "it" ebay alternative. I can not wait for ebay to sort this out or for a solid alternative (where is google on this?!). Although I'd hate to give up my feedback that I've worked so hard for.

I see this thread is old... are there any new sites? Anyone have any major problems selling on ebay lately? I have some stuff I want to sell but all the local consignment shops are interested in trendy t-shirts and jeans :/

Very interesting thread. I heard of ASOS creating a market place at the address below. Has anyone heard of it or even used it?

marketplace.asos.com

Wardrobe recycling

"Individual sellers can sell their ‘wears’ directly back to the Marketplace community. Open your wardrobe to the world and create your own fashion legacy. Your ‘too tights’ are another’s ‘just rights’. Don’t leave a good buy behind; style it up, sell it on, let it fund your next fashion find.

LIST AN ITEM FOR FREE"

Gosh, doesn't seem like there's any new influx of sites for the past 3 years, LOL.

I also have a ton of stuff to sell but refuse to go to eBay. Paying THEM for stuff that might not even sell? Stupid and absurd.

I last sold sometime last year when they emailed me stating that I could make up to 100 listings for Free, just basic listings of course. I did that, and a couple of weeks later still recieved a bill for $5.00 in fees. :\

I'm looking for somewhere to sell my things too. For one item that sold, Paypal charged me $10 and ebay took another $17! Really frustrating.

Word. I've been taking clothes and shoes to a local consignment shop to avoid the hassle but they way undervalue bridge jewelry so I've been sitting on a bunch of pieces I'd like to get rid of. TFS would be the perfect spot - Pamela Love, Fallon, Iosselliani don't get a lot of eyeballs on ebay. And then there are all the selling problems. Blech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->