Apple's iPad

The ebook functionality is just one of its many applications. It's basically a touchscreen laptop. Or so I think. I'm still confused as what they're trying to market it as.

wow, everyone seems to be so confused....

when the iPhone was introduced you knew what it was a Phone at heart, but a smart one that combined a lot functions for our everyday need.

with the iTablet (refusing to call it iPad) apple intends to create a new gadget, one we may or may not need.

i suggest the keynote for more in depth analyzes of what it can do
http://www.apple.com/ipad/

blogs are good for what it can't do, like giz, but unless you are really techy you may get lost in all of their Nerdcom....:blink: jaja

the kindle can do one thing, simulate printed words on paper. it's an e-book reader, right. but it can't handle on simple thing: color. what about fashion magazines...on a kindle. iTablet, easy. movies. check. music (ipod) check. internet, check.

but the problem, for me, is that is runs basically the same OS as the iPhone, hence, it is as limited as the iPhone for what it can do. except it can't make calls (no Google Voice, thank you Apple :angry:) nor can it handle what a Macbook Pro can. it's an in between product.

one which personally I won't buy not in it's first generation at least.
too limited for what i may use it for.

but the problem, for me, is that is runs basically the same OS as the iPhone, hence, it is as limited as the iPhone for what it can do. except it can't make calls (no Google Voice, thank you Apple :angry:) nor can it handle what a Macbook Pro can. it's an in between product.

one which personally I won't buy not in it's first generation at least.
too limited for what i may use it for.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. :wink:

What an embarrassment and a very sad symptom of our consumer culture. :sick:

This is an absolutely useless invention - just about a giant ITouch or IPhone. It will only serve to create more junk and rubbish in the world. :rolleyes:

As for the unfortunate name.. :innocent:
ipad.jpg

failblog

It is just a large iPhone however I still want to try it out!
Thought I would post this image a keyboard dock will be available, I like that idea.

Screenshot2010-01-29at103240.jpg

Credit: apple.com

^ I thought there was a qwerty touch function on the iPad, so why the keyboard?

I think right now it's still too much of an inbetween product. When more generations will emerge and others will start copying, this will definetly be a device of the future. I probably think this because I can't help but be reminded of a device Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman) uses to watch the Podrace in Star Wars Episode I :lol:

EP1acc-misc-podscreen.jpg

Rebelscum.com

I probably think this because I can't help but be reminded of a device Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman) uses to watch the Podrace in Star Wars Episode I :lol:

Or all those science-y dataPAD things from good old Star Trek. :D

padd1.gif

seanpercival.com

Maybe it's just the Avatar fan in me, but the iPad reminds me of those electronic "windows/data sheets" from the science base during the movie, lol.

i will say compared with other devices like the kindle and sony's reader,it does seem like it might be a better investment as it has more function. however,nothing that a regular notebook has(memory,apps etc) nor does it have phone capabilities that the iphone has. so some pros and cons. like some of you have said,it's sort more in the middle of the road and it misses a few key elements that i'm not sure customers will forgo. to me it seems more like a product to merely add to one's family but hardly something to truly rely on.

I thought this iPad will be running Leopard. I won't even care if this didn't have the superdrive (like the MB Air), just as long as this is a tablet version of OS X. I was even ready to fork over what they're going to price this thing but man, what a disappointment! Not paying for an enlarged iPod touch!

I have mixed feelings about it, I like the idea- there's a lot of potential, but at this point in time, it almost seems unnecessary.
Until they create a tablet/screen that has the same capabilities as a MacBookPro (or even better than), I'm not quite interested in it.

Large ipod touch? Yes.

i was not impressed. its like a huge version of the iphone with fewer features?

I do agree with the fact that it looks like just a larger version of the iphone, but i think it's pretty interesting at the same time. I'm just wondering about how it will withstand traveling. It seems like it would be pretty fragile...

500x_tumblr_kx7vyzlgac1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

pic: from giz.com

that about sums it up.
i hope some of you 90s gamers will get the joke. :lol:

it is very nice, i like it
apple needs to hire FEMALES in marketing, or more THAN ONE FEMALE.. the name is just A BIG NO

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the idea... and it doesn't look that expensive at all. Its not cheap either but theres ipods touch that are kinda expensive if we compare them to the ipad.
I really would like have one.
(Arent we all waiting for the iped, ipid and ipud?? hehe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->