Apple's iPad

^ Me too. Reading devices don't appeal to me, Kindle or iPad. I like books and pretty book covers and displaying them on my shelves. lol

I'm assuming that they'll come out with some pretty soon. I know they already have just the normal generic cases.

I love that they have the new iBook feature. I've made up my mind & I'm buying one. They're also selling them here at our university's computer store, which I didn't expect.

SO I returned my iPad. Just a heads up Apple takes a restocking fee of $65.. lame, but I wasn't about to keep something I didn't like/had no use for. All my iPod touch apps were small so it was like seeing a small app on a big screen, and if you enlarge it, it's all pixel-y. Not my thing.

Also hate that it doesn't have a camera. Of course the no flash thing sucked. I thought having internet would be ok but I'd rather wait for the iPhone this summer. They should really have run Snow Leopard on it. That would have been amazing.

. They should really have run Snow Leopard on it. That would have been amazing.

But it is not realistic for 2 reasons, firstly OSX was not born to be a touch OS, iphoneOS was born since the begining for it, and OSX would never be able to be as good in multitouching as iphone OS.
And from an autonomy point of view, a mobile OS is necessary as the classic OS use far too much energy to run on a mobile device.
and if Apple mobile stuff has rather good autonomy it is also because iphoneOS is particularly good at saving energy.

I am, soon. My dad & I are waiting to see if there will be any updates on it like with the iPhone, but I know a friend & my professor got it & they love it.

But it is not realistic for 2 reasons, firstly OSX was not born to be a touch OS, iphoneOS was born since the begining for it, and OSX would never be able to be as good in multitouching as iphone OS.
And from an autonomy point of view, a mobile OS is necessary as the classic OS use far too much energy to run on a mobile device.
and if Apple mobile stuff has rather good autonomy it is also because iphoneOS is particularly good at saving energy.

I know it's not realistic, I wasn't saying it would be better than the iPhone. It would be cool to have a small computer that you could take around like that. I knew I was getting a large iPod touch pretty much and that's useless for me because I don't need a big screen... which is why I returned it. It's still a good device.

I know it's not realistic, I wasn't saying it would be better than the iPhone. It would be cool to have a small computer that you could take around like that. I knew I was getting a large iPod touch pretty much and that's useless for me because I don't need a big screen... which is why I returned it. It's still a good device.

what exactly u missed on the ipad notto consider it like a small computer?

i m interested as i have one on order, and i really plan, to use it instedd of the macbook when i dont need full MB features.
for me, it can browse web, it can do mails, i can upload in photo from cameras's card, i can type text with page...it seems the ipad can do what i need 90% of the time.

and compare to my iphone, i see mainly 2 advantages for me, to be able t type text, and to be able to manage properly photos download from cameras.

but...i will see, here is still need to wait 3 weeks to get one,,,

im thinkking of getting one, i work a lot on the road and outside office, this will be a great item for me. i'm glad i didn't buy the ipod touch

I've had mine for a month now, and I love it ... though I don't use it like crazy. It's just convenient and pretty, and it's "the future." I am a techno-geek already but I really felt futuristic watching HD streaming TV on a tablet in my lap.

I ordered this case for my iPad, but it's backordered because they're handcrafted and popular: http://www.dodocase.com/

We also got one for my mom for Mother's Day and she loves it. We also brought it to the nursing home for my ailing grandma to swipe through photos of us, and play Mahjongg like she used to. She even used the drawing app to write her name in Chinese. It was so nice to see her interacting with the iPad.

I'm getting one soon too and I'm super excited about it. But I have to wait til they get more in stock. I'm thinking about buying the Apple case for 40 bucks but if anyone knows where I can find some cute ones for around the same price I would appreciate it. Thanks:flower:

I really didn't see the point of one (I have a macbook and an iPhone) but I held one yesterday in the store and they're so much more appealing to me now. There's just something so.....flawless about them. I played with the ibooks app and on one of my favourite games and it was a really nice device. I wouldn't get one now (I'm going for a new macbook instead) but in a couple of years time when they have more functions I'd definitely consider it.

I love mine. I have a crappy computer so Id rather use my iPad than my computer. the last couple of days thats all Ive been using. plus I got mine for free so it makes it that much better.

The iPad is like a big iPod Touch. It's useful if you're a photographer cos you can just load it straight into the iPad and show the pictures to your clients but otherwise, just stick to the iPod Touch.

The iPad is like a big iPod Touch. It's useful if you're a photographer cos you can just load it straight into the iPad and show the pictures to your clients but otherwise, just stick to the iPod Touch.

I have now both :smile:

I use them in completly different way, my touch has always been mainly my music player, emergency web browser, and waiting tool thanks to few games in.

MY Ipad is much more than that, in plane i can still type text with it when a lap top would have its battery dead for ages, i can use it as a main web browser when the touch was just for short browsing, and it is a great way to show portofolio, and many business/budget applications are much more suited to the ipad screen the pod's one.

in fact i must say i have the whole stuff:ninja: Macbook, touch, imac, Ipad, but the Ipad has very naturally found its own place in my use. it is actually more my macbook than my ipod which loose a bit of used time since i have the ipad.

Since I don't own a DS I use the iPad as portable games console. Need for Speed on the iPad is REAL fun. I also like Angry Birds HD and can't wait for Sim City HD to come out,.

The Ipad is pretty much my mac's screen, to be honest i considered buying it but then realised that i would never use it, and with apple ive learnt to always wait for the second release. But i would probably end up with one by the end of this month mainly because i would buy anything with an apple logo on it. Google is releasing a pad and so are sony.

2010 is the year of the pads and its going to be a bloody war.

Lol, I'm the same way. If it's got the official Apple logo, I'm getting it. Of course that's not the only reason.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd release, probably by then I'll definitely get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->