Apple's iPad

Like the idea too, and will have one for sure.
i have a macbook and ipod touch already, but i see that when i know in advance that i will just use the basic feature of the macbook, i will leave its 2 kilos at home and take the Ipad instead.

also many apps of the iphone will gain a lot of the possibility of a larger screen, and for people who must show lot of pictures, it is great too, does not sound completly silly to use for model's books for exemple:wink:

It's fairly big and just one block so does that mean you just have to hold it up in one arm and press buttons with your free hand. The alternative seems to lay it on a flat surface and be constantly having to hang your head down to look at it

I will probably get the iPad. Seeing I won't get the iPhone (seeing I got the Nexus One), but that could change. The iPad would be a nice upgrade from the iPod touch thats for certain and a nice round device when I don't want to lug my macbook (macbook pro) around.

I don't think I would get it for everyday use.

Would be perfect for traveling on the plane or staying in a hotel.

If I wanted something portable, I'd just get one of those small laptops from HP.

I will be sticking to my laptop.

:lol::lol:

I don't get the appeal of I-Pad, anyway.
It is not as versatile as a laptop, yet not as easy-to-carry as an Iphone.. :huh:

yes, it is exactly why it is great:D
Because many times i have my laptop with me but just need 10% of its possibilities, so in these situation i will be glad to leave my 2 kilos MB at home and to take the 700 grames Ipad instead...

Also, the ipad is in advance as the trend is clearly to have more and things online, and less and less in the computer. So the need of laptop full of possibilities will fade, and the need of a small but confortable enough thing to go to take all your stuff stored online will grow...and the ipda is born for that, even if that way of thinking computing is just at its begining.

:lol: :lol:
b2pbCV

motwister.com

LOL, I'd love an iMat no kidding!

I'm sure the iPad will catch on, it just takes some getting used to.

I wouldn't say someone who wants to buy an iPad would be stupid or gullible. Maybe more so, curious.

That & me & my dad are planning to get one so ...

ugh, the lines for this thing. :huh:

so who here is getting one after all. i hope you pre-ordered. :lol:

I'm too lazy to read the whole run-down :P but it sounds exciting! Seriously, who needs the iPad if you have the iPhone? :wink:

i will have one, as clearly the larger screen will l make some application much more usable on the ipad than on the iphone.

Also, what a cool way to bring a digital portofolio. i wait the day when at casting models will just give their ipad instead of a 2 kilos model book. if i would have a model adency i would offer an ipad to all models to be the first agency which will make disapear the old type model book:wink:

The iPad does the same thing my HTC HD2 does. However, my HD2 is compact, a smartphone, has 1 GHZ - supersonic fast. It flies from my hands and into my handbag or pocket.

The iPad is nothing but a bigger version of an iTouch. People only buy it because it's an Apple Brand - which some people feels it's a status thing. To lug it around just to watch movie , games or reading is rather redundant if you asked me. Most people lug around a laptop to a cafe or wi-fi park area to do work (computing and writing) not to just watch movie or play games. For reading they can still do the standard thing of having a book, a Kindle or Sony or even a smartphone which is far more cheaper than an overpriced iPad that does the same exact thing.

Until the iPad does the same exact thing as a PC , I will reconsider.

ugh, the lines for this thing. :huh:

so who here is getting one after all. i hope you pre-ordered. :lol:

i will get one in tnecoming weeks, just waut to see if my mobile carrier will make G3 plan for it to see if i wait a G3 of if i take a current one without G3.

I mainly wait it for ome thing...a great digital portofolio it will be. it is a perfect tool for the modeling industry, much more handy to show pics than a laptop, or than a real porfolio, so the ipad will be the perfect first digital model book.

I don't really get what the idea is with the iPad. I mean, I'm one of those people that gladly buy almost "anything that's shiny and made by Apple" (to quote an Onion News Network spoof vid), but as someone who already has an iPhone and MacBook Pro, I don't really understand what real use I might have for an iPad. I really, sincerely don't get it. It looks so fragile, too (-- is it?), but then so does the iPhone and yet I can't tell you the countless times I've dropped or whipped it across the floor. I guess I'm just not gadget-prone enough.

Really excited for iPhone OS 4, though! Especially the background image, unified inbox and multitasking features. Does anyone know if the new OS will finally (!) allow changing the ringtone and text message alert more freely than atm, though? I've been able to make and use my own, custom ringtones via a workaround, but e.g. changing the SMS alert to a custom-made sound isn't at all possible atm without jailbreaking the phone, while using iTunes to convert purchased music to ringtones hasn't at all worked for me here in Finland. :doh:

Edit: Ah damn, according to the article posted here earlier, at least multitasking won't work in iPhone 3G, only 3GS. Bah. Also, really disappointed they're still not planning on adding Java or Flash to the OS. That is is a major drawback imo. Rules out e.g. the use of my online banking service via the phone, a feature I've really needed from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just preordered a 16gb ipad with WIFI and 3G. I think it's very useful for those that don't have an iphone... or like me with my ancient blackberry with NO internet. I'm probably the only person that does not have internet on the go. I do have an ipod touch and a macbook but the iPad IMO will be the perfect complement. I travel a lot and need internet constantly.. the fact that it doesn't have a camera, doesn't support flash, etc doesn't bother me. I have a separate camera and laptop for those reasons. Also I embarrassingly admit that I use the internet for watching movies, tv shows, and reading blogs mostly so I don't really need it to do work or anything else :smile:

Besides.. an ipad is the cost of 3 pairs of shoes and a bag for me, so I thought why not invest in something I'll use more?

But I agree, I hate the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'll ever give in to buying one. When reading I'm always actively reading, underlining and noting down thoughts, imagery, and comment on the techniques being used. Every book is like a diary to me. The iPad takes all that away and makes reading...kinda superficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->