Ashi Studio Haute Couture F/W 2023.24 Paris

This is the designer's first collection and show under the official FHCM schedule. I'll post the lookbook as soon as I can find good runway pictures.

It’s all very much McQueen underwear, isn’t it?

His take on the iconic MCQueen tattered gown from Irere collection is… solid enough— as a tribute. But there’s not a single fresh proposal, with the more structural designs resembling the construction and quality of a 3rd-rate opera company’s costume department more than couture, so I wonder what is the point of showing couture as your debut when the quality isn’t quite up there. Other than ego…?

It’s offerings like this that has me appreciating and respecting someone like Eli Saab so much more. Again and again of new designers: Just concentrate all your blood, sweat and tears into technical precision and craftsmanship before attempting design.

It isn't bad, it's just very "Couture 101" for the masses. Can see why it would appeal to a lot of people, but it looks stale.

Will most likely be a hit on the entertainment circus that red carpet fashion has become. You just know that many over zealous stylists are spuming in their mouths looking to snatch some looks from this to put on the next celebrity victim.

It’s all very much McQueen underwear, isn’t it?

His take on the iconic MCQueen tattered gown from Irere collection is… solid enough— as a tribute. But there’s not a single fresh proposal, with the more structural designs resembling the construction and quality of a 3rd-rate opera company’s costume department more than couture, so I wonder what is the point of showing couture as your debut when the quality isn’t quite up there. Other than ego…?

It’s offerings like this that has me appreciating and respecting someone like Eli Saab so much more. Again and again of new designers: Just concentrate all your blood, sweat and tears into technical precision and craftsmanship before attempting design.
The worst thing is that he's been in business as a "domestic couturier" for 15 years. The "technical precision and craftsmanship" should've been achieved ages ago.

“Domestic couturier” LOL …He’s the local costume designer…

(This gives me a new appreciation for Elena Velaz’s skills and even creative talent. Her attitude still sucks tho.)

I dont mind this at all, its well executed and doesnt look bad. Nothing shocking but it will look nice in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->