Christian Lacroix Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

i just got the time to see this collection and the video. lacroix has never been my favourite designer, but this collection was very tasteful and GOD so well done considering the circumstances. i'm deeply sad for him.

anybody knows what was the song when show started? (well,somebody played accordion) :flower:

Maybe I'm completely off, but the headwear worn by Vlada strikes me as rather Russian-influenced. Does anyone know what his inspiration was for that?

It's wonderful that he would do this show... couture really does mean very much to many of us. As a teenager living in the middle of nowhere, a place where Dooney and Bourke bags and Abercrombie jeans are considered "fashion," nothing is more fantastic than to escape for a while into a world of wonderful fabrics, impeccable exocution, and gorgous silhouettes. I greatly appreciate artists like Mr. Lacroix, and truly hope that he will be able to continue to share his gift with the world. :flower:

You just described exactly what fashion is like where I am too. There is little appreciation here for cuts and quality of fabrics; everyone tries to fit into the same cookie cutter mold. :(

well, even if this collection lacked the bright fervent colours of previous collections, nevertheless I thought the pieces in this collection were still beautiful and elegant! As suggested by other posters in this thread, the slightly sombre colours could be suggesting a bit of uncertainty (I think Miss Dalloway suggested this?, but pardon me if I'm wrong!), but Vlada in the silvery-blue coloured creation was gorgeous! ^_^ Mr. Lacroix is perhaps telling us not to loose hope and that every cloud always has a silver lining! :blush:

I'm terribly sad for Lacroix and I hope he sticks around. I looved the collection. I wrote a story on it.

Here it is: (It has runway shots that have not been posted :flower:)

And if you're interested in the makeup :wink::

made by me, taken from my blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->