Christian Lacroix Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

O_O

I see a mish-mash of Valentino, Balenciaga, Armani, and Valli.

And it's all black......

I'm severely disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacroix forever! The last gowns are stunning, every piece is so Lacroix, so Parisian, so elegant... And I like the idea of "the black collection" :heart: :heart: :heart:

WOW after seeing it in full, i have to say this is a let down for me.I mean its still on the level, you can tell, but it seems to reflect the sad uncertain future of the house, or perhaps i am looking to much into it! :doh:

I just dont think its his best work to be honest.

I'm usually not fan of his, but even I wouldn't mind some color.

it seems to reflect the sad uncertain future of the house

I agree Miss D., why else would it be ALL black?

The simple pieces are truly gorgeous. They are undistated but still with that fantastic couture edge - just like Chanel's spring couture collection.
Those pieces are utterly covetable and everything in the collection is wearable . . Though this element may not convey Lacroix . .

00240m.jpg
:innocent:
style.com

The wedding dress seems to have been inspired by old Imperial Russia (like Chanel's pre-fall collection :rolleyes:)

I'm thinking the black is for funeral wear. Let's hope this isn't the end, i don't think it is. and people who usually just fend of CL as too much and over the top here can se his beautiful ornamental elements in a more subdued version and appreciate the beauty.
The hats are fab!

i quite like this. :P who knew lacroix could use dark materials so well?

i absolutely adore this. i love when he does over-the-top but this shows he can do simple and still make amazing clothes.

and i love the russian 'feeling' of the wedding dress

I love it, it so gorgeous and chic!! and the weadding dress is absolute stunning!

I'm impressed but I am not blown away. I like the darkness of it..

I actually think it's really beautiful...really beautiful. Sure it's not as flamboyant as we've seen Lacroix these last few years, but in a way, I think it's very interesting to see him cut back.

And I also really love the setting of the show. I'm very pleased, on the whole, and it does feel extremely emotional...the standing ovation and all. My fingers are crossed so hard that this is not his last show.

^ agree, I love the restrictiveness.

I'm thinking the black is for funeral wear. Let's hope this isn't the end, i don't think it is. and people who usually just fend of CL as too much and over the top here can se his beautiful ornamental elements in a more subdued version and appreciate the beauty.
The hats are fab!

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the sad story around it, and I love it! It's so different from what I've seen from Lacroix so far, and I do like the change since I'd wear some of it (if one piece wouldn't cost more than my rent :D ).
Really a nice collection!

I actually don't mind the lack of color, and it's not his first time doing a lot of black. I think last fall had a lot of black/navy as well, no?

I think that the whole back story is clouding my judgment here, because all I can see is something kind of defeated, and I don't know if that's what I'd be seeing if it wasn't for the whole bankruptcy thing. One thing is for sure, somehow he needs to manage at least one more couture show because good or not this collection simply isn't a good enough farewell for him.

There isn't one look here that I dislike... everything is superbly put together and well-designed. It is a lot simpler than his usual attitude, but maybe he is trying to show that he can also master less costume-y pieces equally well, so there might be hope in the future of this company.

Nobody got paid a dime to put this together... maybe even the fabrics were what they had in the fabric storage and archives. For that, it is spectacular, and to me, a lot more interesting than Dior and Armani combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->