Asian Girl Seeking Mascara Advice

i like to use one of those heated eyelash curlers. they are so quick and the eyelash stays up for a while.

I use Lancome's Hypnose for mascara and i like it b/c i don't get dark eyebags at the end of the day

I use the Shu Uemura curler and then any waterproof mascara will hold it... but I'm using Helena Rubinstein LongLash Mascara and I think I'm gonna stick to it. It makes my lashes a bit longer thanx to the tiny fibers. The tiny hairless brush also reaches every lash..

i have never tried it, but i heard the shu umera mascara base is supposed to be really good for holding curl. almost all the reviews on makeup alley were rave reviews.

i've been hearing this myth for quite a while, so on a whim yesterday, I cut the tips off my eyelashes. :doh: It's suppose to make your eyelashes longer?! I have no idea, shall wait and see- meant to work on babies though. Anyway, its hair so it'll grow back, right?

^^ eek, i hope it works for you! but i think it should grow back anyway, maybe just not longer...

^ Your lashes will grow back, but they don't become longer.

the hype behind shu uemura lash culer is just a PR bluff.. there is sooo much better curlers out here in tokyo.. one of my favorite is shisedo drugstore kind. basically.. find a curler that's little flatter than usual since asian eyes are set deep inward like caucasians. mascara... my favorite has been l'oreal waterproof voluminous for past 5 years!

republicofstyle said:
i've been hearing this myth for quite a while, so on a whim yesterday, I cut the tips off my eyelashes. :doh: It's suppose to make your eyelashes longer?! I have no idea, shall wait and see- meant to work on babies though. Anyway, its hair so it'll grow back, right?

I did that once and my lashes never grew back the same as they used to be!!!! Don't do it, honestly. It was the worst idea I've ever had.

jetset7 said:
I did that once and my lashes never grew back the same as they used to be!!!! Don't do it, honestly. It was the worst idea I've ever had.

The idea is to do it when you're young...like under 10. I haven't heard about it working for anyone older than that. Could be just a myth.

i usually curl my lashes with Shu, then apply 1 coat of Guerlain Divanora in Black. The wand is small so less clumping and very natural looking!

kimpy03 said:
has anyone here tried diorshow mascara? is it any good?

imo, the best mascara. the waterproof doesn't work as good as the regular one.

Go for mascaras that have a thin wand, there's more precision and control available to get into the creases with asian eyes. Even though I'm not a fan of Maybelline, they have an excellent line of mascaras, go for the Lash Discovery. It works a treat for me :smile:

And those clunky metal eyelash curlers from the drug store are torturous!

I love my shu uemuera mascara in basic black... i know they have 2 different lines, but the tube that's thicker is the one that I use.
I reckon asian makeup brands are best for mascara casue they're tailored specifically for us.

I love, love, love my Shu Uemara curler. I've tried a heated one and the one by Shiseido, but have always gone back to the SU curler.

I've also tried a number of mascaras (I'm Asian too, and my eyelashes are neither long nor curly by nature). I've tried Benefit Badgal, Dior Diorshow, MAC Zoom lash, MAC fibre lash, Maybelline Full n Soft, and L'Oreal Panoramic curl. I found out of these Benefit Badgal and Dior Diorshow gave me the most volume and noticeable lashes. However... last summer a friend tipped me off on Anna Sui mascaras, and I have used nothing since. I use the Anna Sui lengthening, it has fibres that literally grab your lashes. I usually curl my lashes, and swipe one layer from base to tip, let them dry, then swipe just the tips again because the fibre will build, almost like fake lashes. I love it.

Doesn't Dior have an Asian collection or is it just for foundation?

though i'm not asian Maybelline "One by One", or also called "lash Discovery" in different countries, really get lashes "up".
I've come to use eyelash curlers (usual metal ones from drugstores work fine) and apply my mascara afterwards.
Lash Discovery was the first mascara i ever bought, it was really good.
i found the bottle the other day and cleaned the brush to use as a way to separate my lashes after my daily mascara application and found that the brush itself works wonders. It literally "sticks my lashes up" really nicely....
maybe i'll post a pic later

I'm a die-hard fan of Shiseido's Lasting Lift. Oh man. It is waterproof, though, so you'll have to use industrial-strength makeup remover to get that stuff off afterwards. It isn't the cheapest, but if I could etch a Ten Commandment on makeup, the top two would be 1) Always use good foundation, and 2) Always use good mascara. Let's not even get me into the skincare commandments, so ANYWAY, I curl with the Shu tool (like all the fans here!) and my favorite trick is to wave it in front of a blowdryer (on low heat) for a few seconds before applying to lash. Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->