Mascara Stain / Tint / Gloss

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
Do anyone have any experience with these kinds of products ?

What I'm really looking for is an 'extra colored layer' to apply over my black mascara.. something that might change the black to a blueish-black or purplish-black..

The only products I could find were LE from past collections..

There's Givenchys colour gloss for highlighting lashes
- a LE part of Givenchy’s Spring Summer Artycolour collection ).
In blue and green
eyelashcolour.jpg
beaut.ie

Suppossedly they give you a “extra-shiny lashes, illuminated with extraordinary color reflections“. You apply to mascara-less lashes for a “magic highlighted effect” - when you’re in light, “lashes reveal their glossy transparent color on the lash tips“.
You can also dot tiny bits onto the end of mascara-ed lashes for a “jewel-like result: lashes subtly adorn themselves with colored micro pearls“.

Stila's RAIN AND SHINE Spring 2006 Color Collection..had 'Wet Mascara'
(LE as well) Blue and Green as well..
C_71_Articles_209729_BodyWeb_Detail_0_Image.jpg
m.gmgrd.co.uk

Revlon has a regular black tint :
Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lash Tint Mascara

I have it..and I agree with the reviewer below: it doesn't budge, it stays put, is cheap but it is also hard to remove and it won't lenghten your lashes etc like al the more fancy/expensive mascaras will..

..I think this one is still avaiable.. but since it doesn't come in colour it seems that I'm out of luck :(

epinions.com:
efud's Full Review: Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lash Tint Mascara
Arguably, mascara can make the biggest visual impact after lipstick in terms of make-up ooomph. But, I am a clutz, and, I seem to have the kind of eye that can't 'hold' make-up. I can't use eye pencils for liner - it just smudges away, and, similarly, I have always only ever used WATERPROOF mascara in an attempt to keep the mascara I have on my eyelashes. I have tried ALL brands - including the utlra expensive stuff that advertised the best brushes (Christian Dior with cashmere in the formula, etc.). But, it was ALL THE SAME. Nothing stood out. NOTHING seemed capable of making my skimpy barely-there lashes big or thick, let alone curled (yes, tried the new various brands that promise curling but they had no effect). In the meantime, the stuff would end up producing little flecks of tiny black and generally be difficult to keep neat and from smudging under my eyes (ever notice that once you put mascara on you want to rub your eyes which of course would be a disaster??).

I recently bought Lash Infinity because the lipstick truly does wear long so I thought maybe they figured out how to do the same long-wearing trick to their mascaras of the same brand and line. Nope. No darn difference from anything and everything else I tried.

Then along came the Revlon "Lash Tint" mascara. At first, I thought that the name meant that it wasn't mascara at all, rather, that it was a home applied tint like hair color. I know you can have your lashes tinted in salons so I figured this was akin to that type of tinting treatment, and, that is why Revlon advertised this product as lasting up to 3 days. (P.S. I tried that salon visit to get my lashes tinted once too in order to be freed from the tierany of mascara, and, that tinting really made no difference so I never did it again). But, this product is not lash tint -- it is just mascara; plain and simple.

Ah, but wait! Holy smokes! This mascara is bionic. No, it does not especially make your lashes EXTRA thick or EXTRA long - it just does what mascara does - it darkens your lashes and it also gives what lashes you have more presence (i.e. does thicken them a little and also make them a bit more long) and thereby it makes them stand out. BUT HERE IS THE DIFFERENCE - this mascara, once applied IS NOT COMING OFF.

I repeat: YOU PUT ON THIS MASCARA, let it dry a couple of minutes, and then, that is it. Go ahead, rub your eyes. This stuff is not coming off. Go shower, it is staying put. In fact, if you rub your eyes, you might pull out some eyelashes if you tug at the mascara because this mascara is not coming off your eyelashes. Your eyelashes will come off your lids before this stuff comes off them. Get the picture?

Now, for me, this is awesome. Truly inspiring. The fulfillment of a life long quest. I can rub my eyes when they are itchy and not have to run to the mirror with a que-tip to try and fix the gigantic mess on my face I just made by rubbing my eyes when I had mascara on.

Okay, so maybe you don't rub your eyes. But do your eyes tear up when you are out on a fancy date because you live in Chicago and you have to go from the parked car to the restaurant door and the winter wind is cutting through you? Do you live in the rain in Oregon and you have to go outside and get wet while you are rushing around getting errands done on your work lunch hour? Are you a realtor in Florida moving about all day and it is bloody hot and you can't help but get somewhat moist (aka sweaty) when showing clients the 50th house of the day? This mascara is for everyone who wants mascara to stay on their lashes on not migrate onto their face.

Taking it off at the end of the day: don't bother.
Sleep in it. Go ahead. And, the next morning, there may be a slight smudge or fleck around your eyes (not on your bedding) after sleeping 8 hours face down into a pillow, but just clean that smudge up with a bit of wet toilet paper, and, you are done. Your makeup is ready to face another day. How great is that - apply the stuff once, and then, get to enjoy the benefit for about 5 days? To me, that is a beautiful thing. How would you attempt to take it off if you were really determined? Probably not on day one or day two, but on day three you could use those make-up solvent pre-moistened pads or some other make-up remover lotion on a cotton ball. And, don't expect to get all of it off completely (especially if trying to remove the Overtime Lash Tint 10 hours after applying) even if you are using make-up removing lotion. Simply put, what gets this stuff to budge finally is time. But hey, as I said, for me this is not a problem... I like having some mascara on even if it is just a little bit and 3 days old so long as I am secure in knowing that no matter what it is not a potential face-mess waiting to happen.

In terms of the brush, it gets the job done. Truly, mascara is not about the brush anyway. You may think it is, but, that is only because you just haven't found the right mascara (because it was not invented until now), and so you thought, "hum... well, maybe if the brush was huge or flat or a comb or curled or whatever,...". But, the brush is just a brush, a tool to apply the gunk. What matters is the gunk, and, Overtime Lash Tint is primo performance formula mascara that won't disappoint.

Overtime Lash Tint is obviously waterproof even if it is not advertised as such.

This is the stuff Tammy Faye Baker needed. Or maybe not. I just scared myself.

(By the way, if this review resonates with you, then, THE eyeliner to try is frighteningly pricey, but, beyond words in terms of excellence (better than this mascara even) and that is the eyeliner makeup known as "Les Lignes de Chanel" see www.chanel.com > fragence and beauty > makeup > makeup collection > liners and brows > eyelines for info on this. Not sure if you can get this is the USA anymore, but, it is available in France and Canada for CDN$40 )

Recommended:
Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->