Asian Girl Seeking Mascara Advice

SHEXYchiquita

Reaction score
The Asian part is very relevant because not only are my lashes straight and short, they also don't curve upwards, they just stick straight out :angry: . I'm looking for a good, not to expensive mascara that will make something of my sorry excuse for lashes (especially lengthening and thickening). Any suggestions?

I have short lashes as well. Chanel Drama Lash waterproof works very well for me, but I just absolutely have to have WATERPROOF mascara...

I think it's important to invest in a good curler firstly, I swear by Shu Uemura. Next, for stubborn straight asian lashes to hold a curl (mine are extremely stubborn), a good waterproof mascara does the job well, again Shu Uemura is my favourite (the mascara basic). Finally for the length and volume, I apply YSL Faux Cils over the top.

I know you don't want anything too expensive but I swear this stuff works.. nothing else I have tried works this good.

Originally posted by PradaP@Apr 11th, 2004 - 12:45 am
I think it's important to invest in a good curler firstly, I swear by Shu Uemura.
Oh yes, the Shu Uemura eyelash curler is fantastic!! Then I use Maybelline's Full and Soft on my upper lashes and then the Lash Discovery on my bottom lashes, and voila, beautiful eyes! :wink:

i have the same problem
i curl it with shu uemura curler and then i use sky high curls and maybellines full and soft

YSL Faux Cils is a life saver !
I have short and straight lashes as well,this one really worked :flower:

I agree...the best eyelash curlers are those single lash curlers...they are more precise and curl far better than those usual metal ones you see at the drug store.
Try Mister Mascara eyelash curlers, they are good and use Miser Mascara formulated mascara. Apparently, they are designed especially for Asian eyelashes that need extra lift. :flower:

http://www.hqhair.com?Afcode=kelkoosearch]mister mascara[/url]

Originally posted by PradaP@Apr 11th, 2004 - 12:45 am
I think it's important to invest in a good curler firstly, I swear by Shu Uemura.
I also :heart: the Shu Uemura curler :wink:

Hmm pardon me if there is already a thread on this...but I couldn't find one specifically pertaining to this topic. I have rather short eyelashes, and the two mascaras I have tried before did not do anything to make them appear bolder, thicker, or longer. Eyelash extensions are too pricey for me right now...and while this is a long stretch...are there any miracle mascaras that will make my short eyelashes (I'm asian) actually show up?

Im asian too and I have found the best mascara (for me that is) but maybe this can work for you too. You should buy those mascaras that comes in a tiny wand. http://www.maybelline.com/products/productDetail.aspx?prodid=13
I have this one ^ it works great for me. I curl my lashes first then wiggle the brush from the root of my lashes to the tip a few times then do it to my other eye. I put at leas 2 coats on them and after it completely dries I curl it again and it stays curled for awhile and does make my lashes looking longer. It reaches to the little lashes you cant get and for us with short thin lashes it does the job for you. So I hope that helps!

i have read somewhere that shiseido eyelash curler are more suited to asian eyes- something about the shape of the eye. I'm not sure whether its true, since I've never tried it, but just to put it out there....

Well I'm Asian and I use L'oreal Panoramic...it curls and separates and yet looks soft and natural...works great for me :smile:
My lashes are naturally curled though so not too sure if it'll work for you but it does curl my lashes furthermore :smile:

I'm asian and I just gave up the mascara. I focus on and play up the eyeshadow now; and just pretend my eyelashes are nonexistent/invisible... they pretty much are!

Shiseido's lash primer is a must have for anyone with stubbornly straight lashes.

Shu Uemera Eyelash curler and diorshow waterproof/ or Shu's Precise Volume Mascara

thewannabe said:
I'm asian and I just gave up the mascara. I focus on and play up the eyeshadow now; and just pretend my eyelashes are nonexistent/invisible... they pretty much are!

hehe, we are fa-mi-ly
i'm not asian but most of the times i just dont use mascara at all

i play with shadows or even eyeliner (pencil in grey/brown/green) and just leave my pale blond eyelashes on invisible mode
its a bit quirky and unexpected when matched with my dark-dark lips, my 'heavy' brows and my blush, love it

thewannabe said:

yeah i gave up mascara too lol...everytime i use mascara my lashes tend to just fall off soo easily even if I use a primer :blink:. So i agree even though I dont use mascara, my eyes still look fuller when I put liner on the top of my lids and a light liner on the outer corners of my eyes. It still looks the same whether i had mascara on or not.

i read on some beauty website and it said that applying vaseline with a clean mascara wand every night can make your lashes fuller and longer! i've never tried it before, but apparently you have to do it for at least a month...

it's also a good idea to "wiggle" the mascara wand on the base of your lashes. more mascara stays in the base of the lashes instead of tips, so the tips don't become too heavy and "fall down" but still gives volume to the lashes :smile:

i'm asian and my fave mascara is stephane marais' mascara comb, unfortunately they don't make it anymore... i also like ysl faux cils and lancome hypnose. i'm trying to save up a bit on mascara though, cover girl lash exact works pretty well as does maybelline full 'n soft! maybe i'll start using false lashes they look so pretty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->