Astroturf Bag

As You Like It

Proponent of Plaid
Reaction score
!Yo quiero! It's like a postmodern take on Mary Poppins' carpetbag. This is the damn coolest thing. If I had the spare cash at the moment, this would be my new summer purse. :heart: What do you think?

Astroturf should only be used on the golf course and for people who are too lazy to mow their lawns IMO.

But anyways, if you like it...I say go for it, because it definately calls for a unique personal style to carry it!

Originally posted by As You Like It@Feb 1st, 2004 - 5:58 pm
!Yo quiero! It's like a postmodern take on Mary Poppins' carpetbag. This is the damn coolest thing. If I had the spare cash at the moment, this would be my new summer purse. :heart: What do you think?
Not for me...

i would have carried this when i was 15 in my hippy days and whilst listening to the DOORS :lol:

now you wouldnt see me dead wearing it :innocent:

sorry :blush:

That is so cute- I would probably even wear it if I hadn't seen better (in my opinion, anyway)... For my grade eleven fashion show one of the students created an entire outfit out of astro turf and decorated it with fake daisies! :woot: It was just so amazingly sweet that I have recently re-contacted the designer and asked to buy the skirt from the outfit... (it was just sitting in her closet!) This girl's mother is also a designer and I think the girl is seriously talented. Actually, I would bet a lot of money on her becoming a great designer one day. I can't wait to wear the piece out, it was just so crazily funky and unique! :flower:

That bag is super cute! But probably a little uncomfortable on bear arms in the summer :doh:

Does anyone know where to buy astroturf? It seems like it would be a fun project to make a bag out of it...

Holly--I am going to inquire at Home Depot to see if I could buy a small quantity of Astroturf or similar. If I must buy a larger piece, I may make scrapers for my front and back door and the patio, which would use up some of it, and maybe make a play-gym for my cat with some of the rest, but if you want to get some of it from me, assuming I can get some, PM me and we'll work it out.

OMG! So outrageous. Not the best looking bag in the world, but I would buy or make one just because it's so funny.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 6:50 am
Not the best looking bag in the world, but I would buy or make one just because it's so funny.
My thoughts exactly. I think I could probably come up with a more creative design myself though... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->