Austin, TX Shopping

jabzoog

Reaction score
Where does everyone find clothes in Austin?

My favorite places to shop (or browse, if I can't afford:(
By George
Emeralds (losing quality, though)
Neiman Marcus' Last Call
Physical Fit

I love By George! I have been shopping there since it first opened!

guccigal07 said:
I love By George! I have been shopping there since it first opened!
Which one do you like better: the one on the drag or the one on lamar?
To me, the one on the drag seems kind of small, and it's clothes selection is limited. But a lot of the clothes are casual and wearable and not TERRIBLY expensive.

But, I like the one on lamar better.. it seems more sophisticated and older.. doesn't cater as much to the college students. Plus, I like the actual space a lot.

The employees have been really friendly at both, even though the majority of the time I'm just looking for inspiration and not really something to buy.

I don't like the one on the drag. When I was in college at UT I would stop in but its young people party clothes....and the one on Lamar is more my style. I love it.

I just discovered (for myself) 3 neat places:

Shiki
Kick Pleat
Estilo

the are a few stores here and there that are nice. Blackmail on Congress. There is a store on 360 that is fun but I dont' remember the name at all.

Basically to me, the only place I like is By George.

Actually in the antique store right by By George...by Ben and Jerry's....

there is a cool antique jewelry section...this crazy lady with crazy red hair runs it but I got vintage elephant ivory for like nothing!

what are the BEST mens shops in Austin? independent labels to designer...

I'm not sure about IN Austin, but between Austin and San Antonio, there are some MAD outlets. I was down there in 2001 and felt like I had reached heaven. :wink:

Erin I live in Texas but I lived in Chicago downtown for awhile too!

^ Very cool. I'd leave Chicago for Texas, too. :wink:

I grew up in TX And just interned there for a summer. It was really nice and all. Fun place....if I was forced to leave the Lonestar state...I would probably pick Chicago. Clean NYC and beautiful.

by george has an okay selection of things, but i adore blackmail and big red sun. big red sun is a little outside of austin, but they have tons of darling homeware.

I buy most of my clothes @ Buffalo Exchange, but I love to window shop @ By George, Blackmail (I heard they're going out of business), Urban, Plume, Feathers, and Uncommon Objects.

Going to Austin on Saturday, and can't wait! I haven't been in like 5 years... My whole family lives there and now my sister goes to college there. I can't wait to go shopping. I'm checking out By George for sure.

I'm leaving for Austin tomorrow. I know there are tons of outlets right outside of Austin so I'm looking forward to those.

the by george on the drag has gone a lot more upscale in recent seasons.

lots of stella!

i just moved to austin recently from new york, by george is the only boutique that rivals my selections in new york

they have two stores. one is on lamar@6th street and is more designer focused with lines like marni, lanvin, bottega veneta, proenza schouler, & more & more & more. the congress location is more young contemporary and has see by chloe, paul & joe, j brand, madison marcus, shipley & halmos, etc. both locations have a lot of new or hard to find designers including local artisans & a few organic lines like loomstate & beau soleil.

i always manage to find a gazzilion things i like there and the girls are always so enthusiastic and professional. i recommend any austinite or austin visitor stop by the best boutique in the lone star state!!!

I will definitely have to stop at by george on lamar/6th. I don't remember seeing it, I drive by there all the time...but now I'm really curious and want to have a look. Especially since they carry lanvin and bottega veneta!

I went into Emeralds this past weekend. I think their quality and selection is definitely declining.

Wish on Guadalupe has really cute, cheap ($3.50) earrings. If you're looking for a pair of earrings for one night or to match a particular outfit and don't mind big, bold, designs and the like, check this place out.

we're going to austin at the end of the month. are there any better consignment/second-hand stores that might have comme des garcons, yohji, miyake, etc.? and 80s stuff-mugler, montana, etc.? men's and women's.

Bumping this thread up - doing a lot of travel obviously from all my thread bumping lately :wink: I'm probably not so interested in designer shopping in Austin, but are there great unique stores (Vintage? Antiques? Jewellery/trinkets?) or places to go (not necessarily shopping) that are distinct to Austin? :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->