Aveda

Gobi

Reaction score
I need:

-Bodylotion
-Hydrating mask
-Cleanser, tonic and moisture cream for dry/sensitive skin.

Any suggestions?

i dont use the skincare but i :heart: the haircare products to bits

i use-
pure fume brilliant shampoo
sap moss conditioning detangler
elixir leave in conditioner
light elements finishing solution

:heart: :heart:
i have straight hair which has been chemically treated and colored. usually normal but a little dry at times

Thanks Prada P and Acid :flower: Has anyone tried the skincare line and their body products?

i have... i use their face hydrating lotion for my body - i love the smell... i had a friend who worked at a chic spa and she said that aveda was terrible and that it is known that aveda products suck throughout the industry and that is why if you go to a salon that uses aveda they have an exclusive contract with them and usually can use nothing else and you rarely find salons that use aveda on their own among other lines???... that always sticks in my head for some reason when i go to buy their products... damn her!

Ok thanks for the info Lele :flower: now I'm not sure if i will buy their skincare :huh:

I used to work at an Aveda salon and absolutely loved their products! I didn't care too much for their makeup, but some of their things are the BEST...the PureFume shampoos smell and feel really good, and rinse clean; their Universal (Thermal) Styling Creme, Anti-Humectant Pomemade and Humectant Pomade are INCREDIBLE. I for one *love* their exfoliant, too, it is so gentle and smells really clean and fresh. That's about the only one I buy these days, since I don't get a discount anymore, but I've always loved their products!

i have been using their rosemary mint shampoo for years now, and i still love it.

Doesn't Aveda have salons where they cut and color hair? How are those?

I use their shampoo and I think Aveda makes the Bumble and Bumble line as well.

Originally posted by lele@Dec 3 2003, 11:59 AM
i have... i use their face hydrating lotion for my body - i love the smell... i had a friend who worked at a chic spa and she said that aveda was terrible and that it is known that aveda products suck throughout the industry and that is why if you go to a salon that uses aveda they have an exclusive contract with them and usually can use nothing else and you rarely find salons that use aveda on their own among other lines???... that always sticks in my head for some reason when i go to buy their products... damn her!
[snapback]114176[/snapback]​

I've heard that as well. Turned me off Aveda as well sine so many people have said that they're bad quality.
I do however appreciate the company's environemental conciousness and their products have a real distinct organic scent that I love.

I've used the skin care line before and it was fine... not great but not bad either. But for the same price range you can get Dr Hauschka skin care that I find infinately better and more nurishing on the skin.

I used to go to a hairdresser that exclusively used Aveda and of course they talked me into buying something :wink: every now and then. I was never too impressed with the brand... I think it's relatively expensive and the 'natural' image is all about marketing. However, they smell delicious!

I use their clove shampoo as well, i just love how it makes my hair feel and sometimes I just skip conditioner because my hair looks and feels very nice with just the shampoo. I love the smell, and it has very good ingredients, I'm tired of looking at a label and seeing all these things that I most likely wouldn't want to put in my hair (ofcourse, I don't even know what they are!). The purpose of their clove shampoo is give a warm tone to shades of brown, after I used it for a few weeks my mom started telling me that the color of my hair was darker. It not only makes my hair feel and look great, but it gives it a nice tone. I also use their Phomollient styling foam with organic honey, I love it!

I only let Aveda stylists do my hair...had the most perfect one for over five years till she moved to the west coast. Their Self Control is the best hair product ever for frizz!!! (it comes in a stick, kinda like deodorant) On a 90+ degree day in Rome, super-high humidity, i was out the door by 6 am, didn't land in bed till four the next morning, went exploring the city all day (outside in worst of the heat and sun) and clubbing all night, and my super-thick, heavy (almost waist-length at the time) hair stayed super-sleek and straight. It didn't get greasy or heavy anything, stayed very light, very manageable, too. All this with an absolutely TINY amount of product!!

I've only ever used Aveda stylists too...I feel like I know they have some bit of training, and it's hard to find good salons where I live. I love their wax, it keeps my unruly hair doing what i want and doesn't feel heavy. I've never used their skincare, though. I am tempted because I hate how many chemicals are in my usual skin care, but I doubt they're as organic as they claim. If only..

i use aveda products... no complaints... i like their replenishing body moisturizer, it has a strong scent, but it's rather calming once you get use to it. i also use their botanical kinetics skincare line... but i have combination skin and this line is for normal/dry....
but more than the skincare line, i love their hair styling products... i have yet to try their shampoos and conditioners... any rec's?

some people say that they don't like it, but you should always go and try it and see for yourself... what others may not like, you might!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->