Azzedine Alaia - The All-Things Azzedine Alaia Thread

Bumping this thread to post about the Couture / Sculpture exhibition that's currently in Rome's Galleria Borghese - up till october 25

styleandfashion.blogosfere.it

there's a lot of archival pieces (way more than i was expecting) from the 80s through the 2010s. Iconic gowns and separates, all put in relation to the baroque / neoclassical sculptures in the gallery. If you stop by Rome, make sure to go! I took many photos (w/ my phone, unfortunately, as i had no idea cameras were allowed), here's one, but i'll post more tomorrow (when i have time)

(my pic/ instagram.com/missff

Last edited by a moderator:
SS1987

asahi

Attachments

• AS20171130002426_comm.jpg
    AS20171130002426_comm.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 20
october 1994 paris

asahi

Attachments

• AS20171130002428_commL.jpg
    AS20171130002428_commL.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 147
^I just saw that they uploaded that show (I'm suscribed to that channel) and inmediately felt such joy. 80s Alaïa is still so rare...and always such a delight. He was really ahead of his time.

^I just saw that they uploaded that show (I'm suscribed to that channel) and inmediately felt such joy. 80s Alaïa is still so rare...and always such a delight. He was really ahead of his time.
You can go to the Alaia foundation website or directly to the Vimeo Channel of the foundation, they have all his shows there.
In the website they have all the collections.

The 1986 collections were just pure fabulosity!

An article from Corriere Della Sera Style July/August 2021, photographed by Peter Lindbergh

Corriere Della Sere Digital Edition

m1108_gal2020.02.01_001.jpg
source: palaisgalliera.paris.fr

Olatz Schnabel‘s iconic red mousseline dress in the other thread makes me want to visit the SS1997 couture collection, but couldn't find it anywhere. It would be great if one can post the collection in TFS. Many thanks in advance!

View attachment 1285745
source: palaisgalliera.paris.fr

Olatz Schnabel‘s iconic red mousseline dress in the other thread makes me want to visit the SS1997 couture collection, but couldn't find it anywhere. It would be great if one can post the collection in TFS. Many thanks in advance!
It will be very difficult to have images or archives of his mid to late 90’s stuff. It was the time when he was very very inconsistent with shows and the house downsized so much that he even went back to doing private clients like in his beginnings.

I know ELLE was featuring his designs so maybe if we look back at ELLE from 1997, we may see some other pieces. I think VP too and French magazines as a whole featured his work but to have shows images…

I don’t think he used Top Models in that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariasomeone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->