Balenciaga S/S 2025 Paris

I was excited at the beginning, thinking, 'Omg, he’s going to give us sexy,' but then it stopped, and we went back to the usual... But why, though? Seeing him extend his ideas on fabrics like lace would have been interesting at least, just saying...

Same shtick, different season. The sooner Balenciaga and Demna part ways the better. Absolutely cannot wait to move on from this monstrosity of a direction. This whole streetwear aesthetic for Balenciaga feels beyond tired, dated and overplayed in 2024.
they really need to give the job to Tisci!

The term is "pantashoes", but yes. That's another Margiela-ism BTW.
So I checked their website and they have "pantashoes", "pantabodysuit", and "pantaleggings", but in fact they already have some of those in lace or hosiery trompe-l'oeil for fall 24, so even the lingerie thing is not a new idea.

The problem with this is that it's Balenciaga - if it was a denim brand trying to be more edgy it would be ok. What he got right is making low-rise jeans work - at least proportion-wise - by keeping them wide (low AND skinny is just humiliating, not even Mica Argañaraz managed to fully pull them off last season at Miu Miu) and pairing them with some volume on top. I also rather like what I see of those chunky leather slides/sandals. Overall, I blame Kering more than him for letting such a historic house become somewhat of a running gag.

So tired of people trashing Demna’s Balenciaga, and yes he copies a lot from Margiela, no discussion there. But I’m also old enough to remember that people and press HATED Margiela’s collections when he showed, same reasons - its not luxurious, its half destroyed blah blah blah…
You either understand a good talent when you see one, or you will need 10 years to get to your senses.
Cristobal was experimental. So is Demna. Why would he be doing 1960s shapes in 2025?!? Only the most conservative people want that…
Sure, some shows of Balenciaga are better than others, but nevertheless its always one of the best collections of the season. Period!

I feel there is more of an effort to deliver something new this time. Not just the oversized hoodie ad nauseum but actually different proportions. I expect it works for some demographics. Personally I like the last few looks. I don't appreciate the gender play though, it reads flat and overplayed here. But I guess it's something for the kidz.

I'd also like to point out that ghoulish nihilists don't want to be associated with this. We are so much more.

A lot of fabric wasted. And WTF is the menswear? What is the function of jeans on the neck? Can somebody please explain?

Because it's cheap. Look at those clothes. They're clearly, as the British would say, cheap as chips to make. Most of the work is done in China from cheap materials. Bring them to Italy, do some machine embroidery, slap on that "Made in Italy" label, and sell it at an obscene mark-up. That tatty Balenciaga stuff has got to be ridiculously profitable — far, far moreso than Gucci, Bottega, or YSL. If Kering is letting that crap continue, there's only one reason: It's making money.
Weren't sales down 16% this year?

So tired of people trashing Demna’s Balenciaga, and yes he copies a lot from Margiela, no discussion there. But I’m also old enough to remember that people and press HATED Margiela’s collections when he showed, same reasons - its not luxurious, its half destroyed blah blah blah…
You either understand a good talent when you see one, or you will need 10 years to get to your senses.
Cristobal was experimental. So is Demna. Why would he be doing 1960s shapes in 2025?!? Only the most conservative people want that…
Sure, some shows of Balenciaga are better than others, but nevertheless its always one of the best collections of the season. Period!
So all this time, you had high standards for everybody….Just to defend Demna.
Oh well…

Well, he can be the most innovative ever in the history of fashion, if he can't put the clothes on a proper casting nothing will work.
And in his specific case, not even when he put the clothes on supermodels walking fiercily they stand out, so basically no salvation here.
I appreciate the new work with laces but it's all become a big joke at this point.
We need him out!

after this mess... only john galliano can save balenciaga. He will embrace the basicness of demna and bring it to couture level. Then Balenciaga is back as a real luxury brand and not some streetwear luxury b.s.

were sorry that only 2/47 messages in the thread "understand" it. we will do better next time
after this mess... only john galliano can save balenciaga. He will embrace the basicness of demna and bring it to couture level. Then Balenciaga is back as a real luxury brand and not some streetwear luxury b.s.
Oh god, why have Galliano costume drama ruin another label?!?

I really don't remember as a buying client of original margiela and following fashion that he was hated and for sure not in context of like a Demna now (being a one trick pony troll) there was a whole wave of antwerp designers that did fashion and luxury in non traditional glamorous way all the cool brands had this touch even all the early nicolas balenciaga was more dark and raw hems etc even the Japanese ones.

Margiela did chock because he was new , this did get for sure comments but hated margiela in his time this is new , complaints of his hermes was boring etc yes this i remember.

But its ok every one might experience the past differently

I really don't remember as a buying client of original margiela and following fashion that he was hated and for sure not in context of like a Demna now (being a one trick pony troll) there was a whole wave of antwerp designers that did fashion and luxury in non traditional glamorous way all the cool brands had this touch even all the early nicolas balenciaga was more dark and raw hems etc even the Japanese ones.

Margiela did chock because he was new , this did get for sure comments but hated margiela in his time this is new , complaints of his hermes was boring etc yes this i remember.

But its ok every one might experience the past differently
Of course, this is all true what you’re saying. But also please remember that there was no forums like this, there was no internet for just about anyone to trash him. He for sure never received the applause he deserved - and if you really were a buyer at the time, dont you remember that his company almost went out of business many times over?? It was a struggle! Why do you think he sold it in the end to creepy Diesel people?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelsea1969
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->