Balenciaga - The Campaign Archive

does anybody have any of the ads from 1999 and spring 2000? and does anyone know if it was balenciaga or callaghan that model kirsten pieters did? i cannot remember which exactly,i just know it was nicolas :lol:

Gotta say, my favourite Balenciaga campaign models are Hilary Rhoda and Lisa Cant from S/S 06. Those two of the model ensemble match perfectly the elegance and architecture of that collection. Suvi Koponen scores second with her stark presentation for FW 07. Christy Turlington ranks third- pure classic for FW 01. Coco Rocha clocks a solid forth for the juxtaposed angularity for SS07. Consistently brilliant casting.

from my archives :blush:

colette pechekhonova in s/s 99 campaign and roos in a/w 99.

Attachments

• DSC01986.JPG
    DSC01986.JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01987.JPG
    DSC01987.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
^those were the days,yes?

i literally just found those,btw. i didn't even realise i had kept them to be honest.

Thank you so much for those two, Scott! :woot: They really fantastic, especially the first one! Was Nicolas already the designer back in these days?

he was! he came in a/w 98. but i'm not sure if there any ads for that season. it was the one with all the batwing shapes. personally i think it was nicolas' most inspired seasons. those days when he had less hype and a certain freedom to create. those collections were so beautiful.

Balenciaga Fall-Winter 2004/05 is stunning...ALSO SS 2008 made me realise that I love Balenciaga.. :D

Jennifer Connelly is doing the F/W 09 ad isn't she?
I'm so excited to see it !

Thanks for the old ones Scott. I've never seen them before.

Balenciaga F/W 09.10 : Jennifer Connelly by Steven Meisel

zinio.com

Fall-Winter 2009 2010 Ad Campaign

frillr.com

I loved the fw05 campaign with Freja :heart: I'm not keen on the f09 campaign though :unsure:

Seeing all the previous campaigns make me miss David Sims at Balenciaga :ermm:

^ I do actually miss I&V. Sims had an amazing period between 2003-2005 but then campaigns started to look boring and uninspired, imo.

!!!

frillr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Balenciaga F/W2010
HQ's

all by me from zinio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul