Bally S/S 2025 Milan

First do things that actually people want to wear before trying to be the next Helmut Lang or something, its Bally...... lets learn to crawl ,before we can run..... dude !!!!!

Probably one of my favorite shows of MFW. I for one am happy that he's not trying to make this brand another bore or philo-adjacent. At least he's trying to shake this brand up.

Love the casting and soundtrack was great.

What is this?? Bally des Garçons?? Comme des Bally?? Hideous proportions and volumes, awful prints!

What was the inspiration here...Quasimodo?? The disconnection with the image of the brand (the shoes) is abysmal.

I don't understand the point of many of these looks. All too weird for the sake of it and no real intention or translation to reality where it can work on the body.

Those bubble skirts are absolutely nightmarish.

Y'all crack me up; so critical, harsh and then dramatic on top of all that.

This collection was a good effort as the label comes away from Rhuigi's Tom Ford copycat sh*t. I liked the use of volume in this collection, the color palette and also the attention to details. Fashion has become more fixated on oddity today, as the industry continues to shy away from commercial forms of glamour and likes to touch on experimental forms of silhouette, taking the more sculptural approach. That is what was happening here. I am continuing to watch Bally, and have hopes it can be something great after the removal of Rhuigi. That was a good decision. Now, if they could just do something about that boxy font in the logo. Something about the "A" in Bally just annoys the hell out of me.

Show is also streaming on their website, for anyone who wants a replay or missed the live stream.

The hems on the bubble skirts are horrible and the raised necks only work on the super dramatic leather coats. He's trying too hard to push the brand into a Loewe/Demna Balenciaga direction while most people probably associate Bally with Tod's and old Ferragamo; I think something between CdG Girl meets Margaret Howell like his two previous collections would be better suited to this "heritage house but make it quirky" rebrand.

The proportions and tailoring of those leather coats are killing me. They are so frumpy and unflattering.

I really like this. It's probably an acquired taste, but I appreciate the change in direction. The menswear is particularly strong.

I really like this. It's probably an acquired taste, but I appreciate the change in direction. The menswear is particularly strong.
It lacks in production but I like the direction too. It's a nice departure from the rest of MFW.

Honestly I kind of love this. Yes, there are some misses but it's fresh and different. Quite a lovely colour palette as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donna tartan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->