Balmain Pre-Fall 2013

Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
A photo of Diana Vreeland wearing a red Lurex evening dress in her all-red boudoir-living room was the starting point for this opulent Balmain collection. While the image of the American fashion legend was inspiration, it marked a return to a more Parisian mood for designer Olivier Rousteing. Done in deep hues of red, fuchsia and turquoise, this ultrarich lineup was an ode to Seventies French couture. Satin draped skirts and languid harem pants were worn with strong-shouldered jackets overloaded with textured embroidery, a house signature. In this abundance of silk lamé, textured Lurex and quilted satin, Rousteing worked his power look with Asiatic elements: origami constructions in sculptural jackets, kimono-style tailored jackets, obilike cummerbund belts. As for the intricate mix of geometric leather patchwork, graphic gold piping and bamboo-leaf embroideries, they were actually inspired by furniture. The leather was sometimes printed with woodgrain, while most of the accessories were done in a turtle shell-imprinted plastic.

wwd.com

The exact same cuts, in different fabrics season after season. And we all thought that Olivier was getting repetitive :sick:

I do :heart:that dress! The origami paper pattern of it is pretty. The first look though :sick:.

Can't wait to see more.

OMG what is this!?!? I've liked what he's done in his first few collections, but it's getting tackier & tackier. I pray that he doesn't destroy the menswear too...

his first collections were superb, WTF is this, it looks like a bad 80s music video.

I miss Decarnin so bad...

tumblr - lovin--lou

I agree with everyone that this doesn't look good. I've really loved his stuff so far so I hope the rest of this collection doesn't disappoint.

But damn is that dress ugly...

I like the second look and the Asian influence. But the first is so out there. I'm reserving judgement until we see more...maybe :lol:

He'a a master decorator of course, but we've already seen dozens of these heavy dresses in various materials. Maybe he should focus on using normal fabrications and more importantly a new silhouette rather than making dresses out of wicker and over embellishing others. .

i'm going to wait to see the whole collection to officially establish my opinion but so far it looks like the exact same silhouettes just made with different fabrics. at least he is saving money on pattern makers?

^Exactly! I never like every look in every show so I think this isn't a real indication as to what we're going to see.

As for the same silhouettes everyone has been passing comments on I do agree but at the same time they sell really well and it's a sort of trademark for them now, since their client is youthful.

I love those thigh high boots in the second picture and of course the dress, I'm not overly keen on the gold get up, but the jacket is quite nice.

It's not the best ever, but I like his work much more than Decarnin. Is that weird? I find myself at odds with the general consensus at tFS more than 80% of the time.

I am wondering how can somebody make so expensive clothes so cheap and trashy looking every time I see his collection.

Now I know how will the Zara collection look and the 3/4 of all the fashion blogs. :yuk:

I like the first two collectio when Olivier took the house but it's a bit too much lately, Balmain to me used to be cool and luxurious but i dont know how to describe; some pieces look costumey to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->