Balmain S/S 2019 : Olivier Rousteing & Cara Delevingne by Dan Beleiu

Its not what the photo depicts, but its as if Olivier is aloof as to the problematic issues that models face behind the scenes. Imagine the HEAD DESIGNER of a fashion brand is holding the breast of his model.

Imagine having to subject a model to the concept of someone holding her breas during the shoot?
I get where you coming from, and if it was a young anonymous model instead of Cara, not looking as powerful, I might even have agreed with you.

But since it’s Cara and since she (to me at least) is obviously the one in power and in control (with Olivier looking rather passive, submissive even) I don’t see how this shows Olivier to be insensitive to the problematic issues models face behind the scenes.

I mean, with your logic it means you can’t depict a model eating because many models behind the scenes have eating disorders.

When I briefly popped over to the Instagram, a lot of fans also found the image disturbing in sociopolitical context.

This might be one of the most cringe-inducing images I can remember of the last decade.

This is so awful.
Not sexy, edgy, or interesting.
Just weird in all the wrong ways.

Didnt know that it wa sa campaign when I saw it on his IG. This is not good

It looks just like this breast cancer awareness campaign made in 2012 (inspired by J.Jackson RS cover)

article-2202015-14F9B7E9000005DC-963_634x867.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

Ok the breasts aside, what are they trying to sell here? Cara, Olivier or clothes that are nowhere to be found? The shot of Cara sitting naked on a block with huge logo is the definition of terrible. Who thought this was a great advertising concept?

Ok the breasts aside, what are they trying to sell here? Cara, Olivier or clothes that are nowhere to be found? The shot of Cara sitting naked on a block with huge logo is the definition of terrible. Who thought this was a great advertising concept?

Well if you've seen the collection, hiding the clothes sort of makes sense.

As Millennials say : criiiinge
Why does he need to be everywhere ?/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->