Barbara Palvin

^ that would be lovely, i kinda miss the pre-VS Barbara, when she did some high fashion work.
though i doubt that will happen again, she has lots of money jobs, and she doesn't like doing shows.

in the cosmopolitan hungary interview she said that she likes to do runway shows more than photoshoots but she's too short for that.
so hope for the best ^_^

^ yeah, she said that she feels bad amongs the taller models. but she doesn'T even need to do shows though...they pay bad, and Barbara is pretty famous now with great contracts.
btw: i've just got news: she had to cancel some jobs in London, cause she got a bad conjunctivitis :(

Last edited by a moderator:
She is beautiful, she shouldnt feel bad about her height, and by the way she is even famous than mayority of the tallest models.

Good question. Didn't she walk Prada a few seasons ago? I for once got interested in her after seeing her in that show because she really looked like a young Natalia V. clone back then.

I mean how did she attain this commercial success? Even my friends who don't know a thing about models know her. And that's even before the VSFS.

BECAUSE OF JUSTIN BIEBER, obviously! as if this is a question! haha.

but it's aiiight, honey! i say RUN with it! and she IS.

Prada was her first show ever.

I don't really know how she became so famous. It's something that you see but you don't realise it until you see her attending the GG and things like that.
She always had a crazy amount of fans in tumblr and stuff, and she moved to commercial work quite fast. Not only VS, but also her fragance campaign for CK.
So I guess it's that and a bit of being in the right place at the right time.

BECAUSE OF JUSTIN BIEBER, obviously! as if this is a question! haha.

but it's aiiight, honey! i say RUN with it! and she IS.

She asked BEFORE VSFS.(Beibs wasn't in the question!) Barbs was very popular "social networking" wise even before then.. :unsure:

was she really though? like how many twitter followers did she have pre-biebs v.s. post? lol.

okay .. well, to be fair, 65,000 really IS quite a lot for a new model. i can't really explain that, actually. maybe she's more well-known in Europe because of L'Oreal? not sure.

however, i still maintain that the Bieber Effect is the main point. i mean, it's quite a jump from 65,000 to 265,000 (which is where she's at now).

the bieber-leo rumours (silly though they were) really gave her a higher profile, especially with people who follow celebrities but not fashion. but she's been working hard for a long time to build her career, and her tfs popularity shows that.

Not to mention before all the Bieber-Leo stuff, there was River. He had built himself a pretty high profile and they cross promoted each other all the time.

^I remember on a certain tfs thread which I can't quite recall the name of (pre dicaprio/bieber) , people asked who were the 'IT' models and I mentioned Barbara and Cara and a few members agreed with me as they said that these models were the ones that were usually flooded their dashboards on tumblr! She was also widely recognized amongst other forums and social networking sites , plus she was often featured in magazines on an identifiable basis as opposed to being labeled "this model" , so I think she achieved a certain level of popularity even before the 'bieber/dicaprio' rumours , however I will not deny that these rumours were contributing factors towards elevating her fame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->