Barbie Battle: Nicki Minaj Vs. Lil Kim - Who Wins?

Who's side are you on?

• Team Nicki Minaj

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Team Lil Kim

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No one. Don't care.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • It's all staged BS

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Team Nicki Minaj

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Team Lil Kim

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No one. Don't care.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • It's all staged BS

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheChosen1

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj Vs. Lil' Kim: Who Is The Real Winner?

On Friday (November 26), Lil' Kim aimed a scathing dis track entitled "Black Friday" at Nicki Minaj during the release week of Barbie's much-anticipated Pink Friday LP.

In addition to Minaj, Kim's song, recorded over Pharoahe Monch's "Simon Says" beat, also stung Young Money affiliate Drake, capo Lil Wayne, one-time mentor and friend Diddy as well as her rival Foxy Brown ("This the s--t the other b*tch almost got killed for"). On the other hand, the Queen Bee gives props to the man responsible for starting Nicki's career; Barbie's one-time manager Fendi, who initially introduced her to the rap game through his "On The Come Up" DVDs. Lil' Kim's clap back to Nicki's "Roman's Revenge" was definitely more exciting than the traditional Black Friday shopping run and hip-hop fans are buzzing.

"I just listened to Lil' Kim's full Nicki dis n gotd--nit I don't know what you hip-hop fans is on but she gotta respond to that one I'm sorry," Royce Da 5'9 tweeted. "Anybody that think that record is wack must just not like Kim as a person ... Ain't nothing wrong that record it's just that Nicki is so good."

One commenter on RapFix felt both parties were responsible for hip-hop's latest brouhaha.

"Nicki has completely different style than Kim," said Samantha. "Nicki is unique and original and there is no one like her. Kim was my girl when I was like 12, but Nicki has taken over. Nicki may have talked some s--t but so did Kim. So both sides need to see their place."

"Damn! Maybe Nicki should have taken her own advice and kept quiet," said Journey, another commenter. "Kim let her get some shine off her name and now she pretty much destroyed this wack wannabe popstar chick."

While many heads are salivating over the battle, some feel the war of words is unnecessary.

"They don't need to dis each other to be great in their own light, they each have something to offer, that's just a fact of the world we live in, but in my opinion, Niki blows minds," said another commenter Zo.

Rapper Bun B offered similar sentiments, noting the real puppeteers behind the Nicki-Kim squabble are the labels.

"The more you entertain bulls--t, the more people that think bulls--t is entertaining," Bun tweeted. "Only winners in Kim-Nicki beef are the labels."

rapfix.mtv.com

Nicki Minaj for me. She's talented and very successful for someone who was only known on Myspace just a couple of years ago.
She's worked hard to get where she is and she's creative. That's rare these days.

I think it's quite unprofessional for Lil' Kim to attack/hate Nicki for no one reason except jealously.
It makes her look very dumb. Nicki did nothing to provoke it and nothing to deserve it.

Lil' Kim is talented, but she's the one who screwed up her own career...she can't blame that on anyone else.

Despite Lil Kim's disgusting reputation, she's actually a very good singer and has been rapping MUCH longer than Nicki. Don't let the STDs fool you.

I really don't like most Nicki Minaj's music but what I do like about her is her business sense. She's doing what Lil' Kim failed to do - which was to create an "empire". Nicki is thinking outside the "hood" and thinking internationally whilst Kim has been stuck in the same place for years. That's the difference! Lil Kim has been in the business for over a decade but her appeal doesn't really translate that well outside the US. After Lady Marmalade with Xtina et al - she should have ceased the opportunity to branch out internationally.

Nicki Minaj's knows this and that is why she is winning at the moment. She's knows that she has to have global appeal cos a lot of stars make money from touring etc. Aside from a select few, female rappers aren't as successful their male counterparts. Especially when their lyrics are vulgar. In the beginning Nicki was a straight up copy of Lil Kim both in looks and vulgarness. This doesnt sell! Nicki has realized this was not the way to go and toned most of that down so she can reach a broader market. So while I don't think her music is that great, I love her vision.

If it is/was staged then someone needs to send Lil Kim a memo cos atm she jjust looks like a sore looser. Cos while she's making all these budget diss tracks, Nicki Minaj has gone platinum and is in the pages of Elle, Marie Claire etc etc. Whether Nicki will have longevity is a different story - but she has certainly done a lot in a short space of time.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil Kim is the one who started it. She released a song that dogged Nicki for absolutely no reason.
Nicki then released a better song, called Roman's Revenge that did the same to Lil Kim.

I've always liked them both. I have both of their songs on my ipod.
But considering Lil Kim is acting like a bratty toddler, I'm on Nicki's side.
She's the professional one.

Lil Kim.....if it weren't for Lil Kim....there would be NO Nicki Minaj....Nicki Minaj is cute and everything...she slowly starting to come into her own...but everything she did...has already been done by Lil Kim....its like Lady Gaga vs. Madonna...there is no question as to who is the best!

"Now here is a little story..I got to tell...about the 1st Rap B***h to rock CHANEL" :P

Lil Kim belittled herself by attacking Nikki Minaj, bleaching her face, wearing the mot hideous clothes and weaves and selling diss tracks on paypal...LMAO! From the billboard chart to paypal! like someone said Kim concetrated ont he vulgar..Nikki has gone mainstream and is making cash

Sorry but if you're selling tracks on paypal, you've automatically lost.

Nicki Minaj is soooooooo much better, for me Lil Kim just look like a gay version of Missy Elliott, sorry.

Nicki, Nicki, Nicki Nicki Nicki :stuart:

to sum it up in photos.....

tmz.com
0222_lil_kim_wi-1.jpg
VS
celebrity-nicki-minaj-hairstyles-13.jpg

and when both are heavily photoshopped

pic rfrom the city
nicki-kim.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads