Rapper Lil' Kim Convicted of Perjury

I don't think jails will ever prevent anyone from doing bad deeds.

FYI: The U.S. has one of the highest prisoner rates worldwide:
USA: about 700 per 100,000
Germany: about 90 per 100,000

This is not meant to start a political discussion, only something to think of... I feel sorry for everyone who has to suffer from bad deeds. Victims and offenders who did not realize that they were doing bad.

^ Our system has a lot of flaws. Not doubt about that! :wink:

yeah I personally think that the whole judicial system in the US needs a rehaul. religion and politics is too caught up in the mess but at the same time, the US has a higher population than Germany and faces different socio-economic issues so it's only natural that they should be different

Crime = poverty. German poverty < American poverty.

What I don't get is why rich people like Lil' Kim feel the need to commit violent crime, she already made a killing on peddling that criminally awful trash she sings so why does she go and get into a gunfight? The only conclusion I can make is that she actually has a lower intelligence than the common or garden dog.

PrinceOfCats said:

What I don't get is why rich people like Lil' Kim feel the need to commit violent crime, she already made a killing on peddling that criminally awful trash she sings so why does she go and get into a gunfight? The only conclusion I can make is that she actually has a lower intelligence than the common or garden dog.

We don't know how she got rich in the first place. You never know who backed her up when she started her career. I'm not saying that it must be so, but there's always a possibility and it wouldn't be the first time that the mob is linked to showbiz, would it?

PrinceOfCats said:

Sorry dear but she was not the one pulling the trigger. She was involved only because the idiot with her decides to use a gun, and she lied about the situation.

As the old saying goes- you can take the girl/ boy out of the ghetto- but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl/ boy- this is a clear case.

I agree that she should pay a price for lying- but 20 years- that's ridiculous!!!!!!

Lets take this as a lesson, be careful of the company you keep:flower: :flower: :flower:

exactly, modelmama- it was perjury that she commited.
And the late Biggie and PDiddy backed her up at the start of her career.

Sorry dear but she was not the one pulling the trigger. She was involved only because the idiot with her decides to use a gun, and she lied about the situation.

I said she was stupid for getting involved in a gunfight. Most non-stupid people don't hang around with a bunch of gun-toting criminals if they don't want to get into a shootout.

PrinceOfCats said:
I said she was stupid for getting involved in a gunfight. Most non-stupid people don't hang around with a bunch of gun-toting criminals if they don't want to get into a shootout.

Some non-stupid people (in this case a B list celebrity) hang around gun-toting people (in this case an entourage or bodyguards) for protection. No where in the article did it state that they were criminals prior to this incident so let's not be presumptuous.

Clearly, she was stupid for lying, but essentially she had no control over the gun fight.

EXACTLY Modelmama- hell-o! Lets not forget P Diddy- he is not stupid at all and he was caught up in sh*t just a few years ago.

I know that at least one of her 'bodyguards' has a previous conviction for gun-crime...furthermore, do you carry a fully automatic sub machine gun to start a fight or to avoid a fight?

No one said they were geniuses, or filled with common sense and wisdom. My comments are based on the article that started this thread- and my eyes did not read that they had previous convictions. Please correct me if I am wrong in that matter.

Personally i think ALL fire arms should be banished,and do not applaud such stupidity. Thi

Yeah, I know what you're saying though, model mama. I was just pointing out that although 'Lil Kim' didn't pull the trigger she wasn't just an innocent bystander in all this.

can someone us based please answer...
did that article state that you can major in the life and times of little kim at a uni over there?
i wonder if a model will ever get that honour!

Kimkhuu said:
^ Our system has a lot of flaws. Not doubt about that! :wink:

I thought Canada had a really low prisoner rate? :unsure:

In any case, I don't know why she didn't plea the fifth amendment and say that her life would be in jeopardy if she were to testify. It's pretty reasonable considering that she's surrounded by a bunch of gangster killers, no? :unsure:

The thing is when your in a invorment like that you never "snitch" on somewone else.. not o soung "gangsta" but there is always somewone that know somwone that wants revenge.

I used to enjoy Kim's music, and I feel sorry for her.

Thats a lot of time for lying.:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
But what you need to understand is she lied about something really important. She was one of the "temoin" (someone who speaks friend help me translate :P ) there and could have changed the whole trial of the people involved in the shooting. It is serious to lie about something as serious.

Being Lil Kim doesn't give her the right to be on top of the law system. Anyone else would have got approx the same amount of jail time. Why shouldn't she? Because she makes "great" music?

I don't think so.

Kimkhuu said:
She was one of the "temoin" (someone who speaks friend help me translate :P ) there and could have changed the whole trial of the people involved in the shooting.

temoin = witness

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->