Barneys Gift Return Question

augustus

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone knows the rules of Barneys return? I received a Goyard bag as a gift but I don't really like it. The gift is from a relative so I don't want to let her know my true feelings... She didn't give me a gift receipt either, only the tag that says it is bought from Barney's. Can I return it? Do I just walk-in and say, I would like to return...?

Thank you very much for the help!

Really...? So even when the pricetag is firmly attached, I can't return it..?
That's kind of sad to know...!

I do not think so :( Let me type what it says on one of my receipts:

"To receive a refund based on purchase price of the item(s) and in the original form of payment:
1. all merchandise must be returned within 30 days of the original purchase date,
2. the merchandise must be in saleable condition with tickets attatched,
3. and you must have your original receipt or a gift receipt (gift card only)."

I guess you could try going if it is not a hassle for you...I have managed to pull a few strings there :shifty: but I do not know anything about how strict they are on returns.

Thank you joiedemode,
I think my relative might have bought the bag a while ago so it'll be too late to return it. Perhaps I should try selling it on ebay...?

I guess I will try first...But the local Barneys recognizes me(I shop there rather frequently) so I don't want to be embarrassed...

You are welcome :smile:

That is probably the best way to go...

PS Why would you be embarassed? The SAs know who I am and that makes them even nicer!

I find it very difficult for me to return things...I always feel very guilty and since I didn't quite buy this bag, it makes me feel even worse:cry: Just the thought of it is very difficult. But I really don't like the bag and would rather have the store credit or exchange for the Lanvins I have been eyeing on...!

I will try first next weekend...Hopefully I don't have to sell it on ebay because it is such a hassle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->