Beaded? Necklaces

They also have that style of beaded necklace at Urban Outfitters... check the website, though, as I think they might be out of the turquoise colour.

Becky_da_da_da said:
Call me stupid but......what is a thrift store?

I've never heard of it before! *blush*
Well, it's a secondhand shop, and usually the money they make from selling old clothes and household goods goes toward a specific charity. You can get some very good deals at thrift-stores/charity-shops. I have found some wonderful old dresses for under $20, usually more in the range of $5, and pretty 1920s hair clips (decorative combs). Thrift shops are a lot of fun. Frequently, they have a LOT of old costume jewelry that they are practically giving away. They wore some big, funky stuff back in the 1950s and 1960s. Treasures, I tells ya!

I do a lot of beadwork, myself, but my stuff is not chunky like that. I use a lot of tiny glass rocaille beads, and string directly on fine wire. You can see what sort of stuff I do here.

I suggest that if you want big egg-shaped beads in bright colors, you should get some Fimo clay, which is a mouldable, bakable plastic stuff, and make some for yourself. You can do neat patterns with different colored Fimo and you could make accessories to match specific outfits, and be assured that nobody else would have the same kind of necklace!

You can get all sorts of beads at your average crafts shop, as well as at larger fabric shops. I've gotten a lot of my feature beads at Jo-Ann's Fabrics & Crafts, which is a national chain, and some of my more basic stuff at Walmart, of all places.

actually, Urban Outfitters sells chunky necklaces very similar to those ones..you can check it out on their website. It's called the "Kukui Necklace" and can be found in the necklace section under Women's Accessories. Hope thats helps!

i really want some beaded necklaces in red, white, and turquoise (as shown in the attachments), but i am about to be outbid on ebay for these necklaces, because i don't want to have to spend $20 or more on these necklaces unless i have no other choice. i like how the beads are small at the top and get larger in the middle. and red and turquoise colors are gorgeous.

please, please, please let me know if you can figure out where else i can buy these from, i'd be so deliriously happy!!! thank you so much!!!

:blush: jen

j_e_n said:
i really want some beaded necklaces in red, white, and turquoise (as shown in the attachments), but i am about to be outbid on ebay for these necklaces, because i don't want to have to spend $20 or more on these necklaces unless i have no other choice. i like how the beads are small at the top and get larger in the middle. and red and turquoise colors are gorgeous.

please, please, please let me know if you can figure out where else i can buy these from, i'd be so deliriously happy!!! thank you so much!!!

:blush: jen

I like the last two :heart: !
I prefer the smaller beads like this:
7.bmp

I think I have an almost exact match of her turquoise necklace, I got it at the Salvation Army for .99 cents. They have tons of really cool beaded necklaces, see if there's a salvation army or similar thrift store in your area.

you can also go into any normal store that sells jewellery for tweens like Claire's-i mean mary kate's look like plastic beads-the sort little girls would wear. I bought a bracelet like that in red. They look cool when you pair them with diamonds!!

If you're looking to get necklaces like that cheap, I'd check H&M. They have really inexpensive jewelry, though, you have to remember that you get what you pay for.

thanks for the advice everyone ^_^

i live in san francisco, so sadly, there is no h&m (yet!). and i went to the haight yesterday to check out thrift and second hand stores, but no luck. i even went to those craft and art supply stores, as well as a fabric store, and they don't even sell the beads that i need to make my own necklace. sadness!! then i went to claire's at my local mall (i already own a black plastic beaded necklace from there), but all they have are imitation pearls and that sort of thing. no beaded necklaces. you'd think they would get on it and make some! ha! but no...so, as you can tell, i'm kind of desperate, hahaha...

any more ideas?? :wink:
thanks you!

woohoo! guess what? i won the bid! i won the bid! (i sound as though they were for free, sheesh, hahaha)

i'm happy! :D

i'm still on the lookout for some nicer white ones, however, because the ones the auctioner was selling were oval-shaped beads, whereas, i just want normal round white ones. shouldn't be too hard to find, right?? please do let me know if anyone finds a white, round beaded necklace :smile: kind of like the red one i uploaded ^ there.

thanks a bunch!!! :flower:

i saw a very good copy in claires accessories. i was gonna get it just because mk wears them...bad idea :P

does anyone have a good store on ebay or know of one that is ebay.uk that sells beads?

What is a thrift store???
I agree that beads are great and they work really well to dress up a plain t-shirt for a night out.

That site is sooooo addicting. I had 30 different auctions going on at once one time. It's so freaking addicting. :innocent:

cloud9 said:
ebay!! :brows:

they sell TONS of loose beads / stones ..

I agree Lexy. It's the "im stylish without appearing to be stylish" look. I :heart: that look. :D

lexy said:
What is a thrift store???

I agree that beads are great and they work really well to dress up a plain t-shirt for a night out.

I like the old beads trends they remind me of Old hollywood actresses...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->