Bebe Buell

Last edited by a moderator:
But this by far is the most breathtaking shot I've seen of her at a concert in a long time. Bebe at Guns N' Roses NYC The Ritz a few days ago. My source is Facebook.

e1cajs.jpg

I find it really cool that Bebe inspired him, but I can't see her in Penny's character at all. Penny is more like Miss Pam to me. But, oh well.. Here's a cute picture of Bebe with Richard Butler, from the Psychedelic Furs! :smile:

suicidewatch.tumblr.com

I don't think he even knew Pam Miller in 1973. She seems to be more of the 60's culture and Bebe and Cameron weren't part of that. I tend to agree with Bebe's viewpoint that Penny Lane is a fictional character inspired by Cameron's personal experiences. He actually did tour with Todd Rundgren and Bebe in 1973 for an article in Rolling Stone Magazine. Besides, I tend to believe the director. I mean, he did write the script and shape the characters so he knows better than anyone else. So, maybe he wanted the character to be a creation and not just a specific person.
Those of us who have met Bebe Buell think he captured her sweetness perfectly. :flower:

I find it really cool that Bebe inspired him, but I can't see her in Penny's character at all. Penny is more like Miss Pam to me. But, oh well.. Here's a cute picture of Bebe with Richard Butler, from the Psychedelic Furs! :smile:

suicidewatch.tumblr.com

I had one more opinion about the Penny Lane mystery. In the movie her character dressed like photos I've seen of Bebe from the early 70s. Pam Miller dressed more freaky with lots of crazy make-up and clownish attire. I liked it but it wasn't as simple and natural as Bebe's style.
Cameron has said the first time he met Bebe she was wearing a coat exactly like Penny in her opening scene.
Nothing important but an observation.

I'm sure he was inspired by Bebe, since he went on tour with her and Todd, and knew her well. To be honest, I don't even know why Penny reminds me of Miss Pam, but she does. I only know Bebe and Pam by their interviews and books, and that's very different from knowing them personally. To me, Bebe has never seemed the kind of girl who would fall for the rockstars that she dated, which is totally the opposite of Miss Pam, who fell in love with most of the guys she dated (I mean, that's what she wrote in her books anyway). Bebe always seemed to be smart - not saying that Pam wasn't, but she sure was naive, and fell in love with almost everybody she knew. And Penny Lane is in the middle of that, she was a smart girl who fell in love with the selfish rockstar. But anyway, Cameron Crowe did a great job. Penny is one of my favorite fictional character ever, and I don't really care if it was based on Bebe or Miss Pam, since both are interesting, inspirational women :flower:

Bebe in art!

I almost fainted when I saw this on Facebook and Twitter!
Amazing :heart::flower:

2ppn4td.jpg

It appears to be a series by an artist named Java John Goldacker- he's GOOD! Our Beebs is w/ some good company here.

20pea84.jpg

And Bebe is in the May 2, 2012 issue of Italian Vanity Fair!
This is a blow up of my favorite shot from the piece.
34pc5yw.png

Wow atooomic- where do you find these photos? I've never seen this one! She looks all of 18 here. It never ceases to amaze me how innocent she can remain even when doing such an erotic pose!
I'm VERY excited about her new video here- Devil You Know. It just came out on Friday and I saw it on You Tube and Facebook.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19cYIkyMDeY

Thanks to your link I've just watched her on the Joe Franklin Show in 1981. Wow, it's the first time I've actually seen and heard her speak! She's so sweet and she has amazing hair, eyes and smile.

I'm not very fond of her music, but the video is great. She looks great too. Can't believe she's almost 60!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->