Bergdorf’s New Advertorial

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
quite an interesting article from wwd of today , model's personal styling and mix & match is finally catching up in the U.S. :heart: :flower:

Bergdorf’s Mixes It Up

By Anamaria Wilson

NEW YORK — Bergdorf Goodman is defying convention.

In its first national magazine advertorial, which will hit in Vogue’s March issue, Bergdorf’s created a 16-page insert that revolves around models mixing and matching designer pieces from spring. While advertorials of this nature usually showcase head-to-toe looks by single designers, the retailer was interested in being more inspirational.
“We got eight models of varying ages and we had them put outfits together,” explained Robert Burke, Bergdorf’s vice president and senior fashion director. “We felt that models have become the definitive trendsetters. They see more product than any single person, save a handful of buyers. They’re exposed to everything, and the way they put themselves together is usually very eclectic. So ultimately the purpose is to show how they wardrobe themselves to reflect personal style.”

Given free rein, the models — who included Trish Goff and Audrey Marnay — assembled diverse ensembles by mixing designers and high-end and contemporary pieces, such as a Chanel jacket, a Vince T-shirt and a Valentino skirt. The genesis of the wardrobing concept became apparent to the Bergdorf’s fashion team during its trunk shows over the last year or so when younger shoppers began opting for individual pieces, such as a jacket and a blouse, as opposed to full-on head-to-toe designer looks.

“Designers always say that if the models don’t want or take the clothes at the end of show, then it’s a disaster,” said Burke. “There are no fashion rules for them. They aren’t caught up in thinking you have to wear certain things in a certain way.”

Yet the store was also eager to proffer the range of its fashion offerings to potential shoppers.

“It was important to illustrate the breadth of the store and the variety we have to offer and to express it in a Bergdorf’s sort of voice,” said Burke. “We respect and admire designers’ viewpoints, but wanted to show something that had ours, as well.”

Bergdorf’s extended this concept to its store windows for fashion week. But instead of models, the retailer picked 12 stylish social types, such as Amy Sacco, Helen Schifter and Charlotte Ronson. Each culled together outfits from different designers which best represented, much like the models, their personal style.

I like this theory of exposure. I mean who else gets to see (and try on!) the cream of the crop as much as they do. Looking forward to this one. Thanks for posting, Lena.

It looks like Bergdorf is following Barneys footsteps. They are realizing that actually more money is coming in from the less money/more volume departments these days (hence Vince next to Chanel). They are still a bastion of old high fashion, especially their men's store (cringes), who no longer can escape the main stream (I'm sure Neuman Marcus has its hand in there). Their women's store is probably the most beautiful store I've ever been too - breathtaking interior.

that is a great article! i've worked with trish and audrey lives around the corner, so i see her all the time-these girls have great personal style... they obviously picked the right girls! i wonder who the other ones are, I can sort of guess...

i think the concept of mixing designers is the most interesting part...imo-this is where fashion is headed...sportswear and separates...I'm all for it...

I love it, especially since Trish and Audrey are my favorites.

The advertorial also featured Jessica Stam, Luca, Julia Stegner, Tiiu, Anouck, and Alek Wek.

What I like about the article is that it proves that models obviously know more about fashion than celebrities or anyone else. Greater than that would be if Vogue finally gave up the Nicoles and Renees and put models back on the cover.

Linda Vojtova is also in the campaign. I got the pics on my website.

main_1.jpg
main_1.jpg

Pink, the Linda pictures are from the Bergdorf catalogue. They are seperate from the Bergdorf Advertorial :flower:

Thanks for posting Lena :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->