Berluti Capsule Collection

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marcBarna, Oct 29, 2018.

1. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

buro247.me

rubydon likes this.
  2. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

buro247.me

3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Awful banality....
    I can appreciate the loyalty they have for someone who has helped them maintain the image of Dior but this is so depressing.

This is a great opportunity for Haider to introduce a more classic, timeless line for his menswear. I can see his brand become a bit what Margiela has been for a lot of men.

bc collector likes this.
  4. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

He is really the rightful disciple of Hedi Slimane. Dior Homme by KVA at Berluti. I am angry because he managed to steal the job to Haider who did wonders at Berluti.

5. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I do not like this. Haider's Berluti was infinitely better than this. Hopefully Haider can attract the customers that purchased his items during his time there.

6. andrew

andrew Member

Ah, that’s what berluti was missing with haider at the helm: chunky retrosport sneakers, sans serif logo shirts, and superficial irony.

7. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

TERRIBLE COLLECTION. IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS ARNYS (WHICH IS THE FOUDATION OF THEIRE CLOTHING LINE), YOU WILL NEVER LIKE THESE STUFF. ARNYS IS THE TRUE RIVE GAUCHE FLAIR FOR ME, NOT THESE UGLY BOMBER JACKETS AND TERRIBLE TRIPLE S RIPOFF SNEAKERS.

Lola701 likes this.
  8. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Borderline awful and meaningless, in the vein of Maria Grazia's Dior. I was in love with Haider's Berluti and I don't think I will ever like anything Kris does for the brand after it.

9. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Active Member

What a flop debut. Pass.

10. Cecilou

Cecilou Member

It's like KVA only knows black, red, and blue as colors... This lookbook could be a Dior Homme pre-collection if he was still the artistic designer. Nothing new, nothing exciting.

11. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

There is a reason why his tricks of cards no longer worked at Dior. It's irrelevant. And this collection sums it up. You either reinvent yourself or just go away.

12. rip_ian curtis

rip_ian curtis Active Member

In the light of recent climate change reports, only one question arises: was it really necessary to design and produce this nonsense? Really? Every tier of fashion retail is full of this kind of product already.

13. bc collector

bc collector Member

If I think that the LVMH honchos let HA go to make room for this stuff , I feel like the "new" Berluti should be positively boycotted.

14. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Active Member

I mean, is Kris van Aasche. what on Earth did you expect?

mepps likes this.
  15. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

It´s a pity this collection is covering the beautiful images of the atelier in the background.

Really...who needs a "Berluti" logo t-shirt???

Lola701 likes this.
  16. Lola701

Asap Rocky maybe?:lol:

mepps and jeanclaude like this.
  17. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

Haider's Berluti was a luxurious dream and this is a straight-up, streetwear nightmare.

18. Lola701

Exactly! It's a pity that LVMH did that with Berluti when in fact, Haider's proposition was really needed and refreshing. People seems to forget that Zegna is the biggest brand in the world and that there's nothing more faithful than a classic menswear customer. Some years ago, i read somewhere that Hermes was the biggest moneymaker in menswear.

Sneakers and jeans are cool but the classic menswear customer wants to build a wardrobe. The Arnys customer may have had his shirts made at Charvet and his shoes at Berluti but for casualwear, Berluti could have been a great option for him like Hermes.

The suits have everything wrong when thinking short terms. Aspiration is the key and with this money-hungry, logo-obsessed society, people will gravitate more and more towards brands that are really aspirational. Tom Ford menswear is doing wonderful.
    The new young suits who wants to standout are going to Tom Ford. They didn't went to Dior Homme and i doubt they will go for this Berluti in terms of fashion pedigree.

jeanclaude likes this.
  19. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

That is very true Lola. I read an article not long ago say that Lanvin make a lot of money from suits. In fact many of their customer work in finance. For me, a lot of customers had already voiced their opinion about this new change. I guess they never listen because they though all the kids would buy into the products. This makes me think of Phoebe and how she built Celine within an underserved market. Haider was doing really well. Maybe if they inject a bit more coolness, it could have been what Gucci is doing with their suits and Harry Styles. But really, it seems like a miss opportunity here.

Lola701 likes this.
  20. andrew

andrew Member

Every time I look at this I am annoyed. Ugh.