Kris Van Assche

juice major said:
$200 for a screw? that is NUTS!

:heart:

LOL... it is a bolt NUT or screw whatever you want to call it.. and it cost actually $255. :lol: I know I know... I might as well make one myself right.. I thought about it...

although the nut does say 'Kris van assche' on it and also 'numero 1', so I thought well.. series 1... fine.. I don't want to look for it later when I decide I want it and I can't find it like the early Dior Homme pieces.. :cry:

ionn26 said:
LOL... it is a bolt NUT or screw whatever you want to call it.. and it cost actually $255. :lol: I know I know... I might as well make one myself right.. I thought about it...

although the nut does say 'Kris van assche' on it and also 'numero 1', so I thought well.. series 1... fine.. I don't want to look for it later when I decide I want it and I can't find it like the early Dior Homme pieces.. :cry:

I saw the necklace in GQ (showing the Numero 1 side) and, although 'normal' looking, it was cool.. Kris stated that the necklace looks as if a man went into his garage, found the screw, and put it on a necklace! it's one of his signature pieces, though.. so it's cool :P you can pay $400 for a pretty plain necklace from Dolce & Gabbana, so it's not that bad compared to others when you think about it!

I wish his hats didn't cost $700 :shock: :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris Van Assche in Isetan

7.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

thanks for the images! looks much better than what NYC stores bought. I dig the blazers, but I don't recall seeing them here.

Barneys selection wasn't bad - those pre-rolledup 'longsleeve' shirts are cool, but at the time, I recall, not worth the price. Damn, I just wish I loved his stuff more in reality. In pictures, they look so desirable.

It looks like everyone is having issue with the pricing and fitting. :D

I do admitt like Bakla says it looks really nice even when it hangs on the rack.. but when it is on you.. nothing that will wow you.. and the leaking ink t-shirt and tie on the shirt has not done before.. but nothing new.

I guess we can wait for 30% off to pick it up.. :innocent:

Well.. for a shirt that cost $350US. I think it is on par with DH..... I just dont see the same fit as DH though.. although the shirts ARE standardised cut once you have a good style going...

Agree. I checked out his stuff.. They're cut too big in my opinion. I too was disapointed especially when i realized the pieces weren't styled casually but forced. I don't know if that makes sense. But the rolled up sleeves and unfolded collar looks were cool, but it would be nice to have the option to wear them normally. It just feels very gimmicky to me.

mouko said:
Agree. I checked out his stuff.. They're cut too big in my opinion. I too was disapointed especially when i realized the pieces weren't styled casually but forced. I don't know if that makes sense. But the rolled up sleeves and unfolded collar looks were cool, but it would be nice to have the option to wear them normally. It just feels very gimmicky to me.

Agreed. Whenever I see gimmicky details that have nothing to do with actually making creative cuts and reimagining otherwise standard items, my fashiond esigner friends and I call it "tricksy," as in resorting to tricks. All the trompe l'oeil faux details - false scarves, pen stains, etc - that Van Assche put in fall into that category. Other items like the cargo vest and the single cable sweater were much better in my opinion, but the fit and price still deterred me.

Looks like we are going to see a lot of KvA leftover even at 50% discount:lol:

London stockists -
Browns The Library Harvey Nichols

I just saw some of his stuff in Stijl in Brussels - the shirts and jackets were awesome, top quality finishing and fabrics. Didn't try anything on but remember reading somewhere (not here!) he wants to get away from the skinny Dior look - hence the more 'mature' men at the end of his show, and the loose cut. Not a bad thing per se, is it? :rolleyes:

Just visited the brand new Harvey Nichols Hong Kong today, and went straight to KVA's counter... the cheapest thing would be that nylon belt (380EU); the nut-necklace which HNHK bought only six of them (180EU); the grey checks cargo pants(870EU), check shirt with wrinkly sleeves (390EU, OMG!); bowler hat (450EU); black blouson(1050EU)... that's the rough idea of KVA's price in Hong Kong. One line - EAT MY HEART OUT!!! I like the collection, but, it really doesnt worth that much. I normally wear size46 with Dior Homme, and I need to wear size 44 with KVA's, so, his sizes are slightly bigger, and well apparently he's not after slim fit cutting. When would I spend that much for someone with less visionary?! when I have a wardrobe of perfect YSL n' early Dior Homme par Hedi Slimane, which fit perfectly well on my body... no can do!

looks like mr. van assche might not last over 2 seasons... tried on a couple of things as well... the fit's are quite lowsy... and the gimmicks are a bit too tongue-in-cheek... sigh... the collection seems so much better in pictures!

on the note of harvey nics hong kong... my god!! what a dump of a store!!! cheap ambience; really BAD design... feels sooo dated already!!! seems like the designer just flipped through past issues of wallpaper* from a couple of years ago and copied/pasted... what a wasted opportunity.

and what an embarrassment that the facades of harvey nics & joyce 'match' so well...

isn't this 'thin' look getting a bit tired? dh for aw is quite lame... feels like hedi's running out of 'edge' and ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->