best multivitamin

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Lolitadalloway, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Lolitadalloway

Lolitadalloway New Member

hello fellow tfsers, am just wondering if any of you know what is a good multivitamin to take during the long cold scottish winter. I have nothing wrong with me per se, just really low energy, in spite of a healthy diet...any advice on what supplements are good would be appreciated. thanks xx

2. CarolineRose

CarolineRose New Member

You might want to get tested for anemia . . . I was tired a lot a few years ago and found out I was anemic when I went to donate blood and they turned me away because my blood iron was way too low! I am not vegetarian and took regular multivitamins, but I still get fatigued and sleepy if I don't take iron supplements. Just make sure you take the slow-release ones, my Dr told me that the "all at once" pills cause, er, bathroom troubles. So right now I take an iron-free multivitamin (I don't want to take unhealthily high levels of iron either) and then a separate supplement called SlowFE for anemia.
    Especially during winter, make sure you are getting enough Vitamins C and D if you aren't eating citrus/leafy veggies and sitting in the sun!

3. Juicy

Juicy New Member

I dont take a multi vitamin but i DO take and swear by Spirulina tablets/powder.

Superfoooood!! B)