Best or Favorite Primers?

thewannabe

Reaction score
I love primers so much, that I use it as a moisturizer... under a full face of make-up or alone without make-up on top... it gives me a great glow and is very light... something my moisturizers don't do as nicely.

I wonder if primers have any moisturizing qualities.

What primer do you use? I'm currently using NARS, but am open to new brands that could probably be better for my skin.

(I don't use primer every day; as it's more expensive than my moisturizer, but when going out and trying to look nice, I do. But living in the down-to-earth city of Seattle, looking too nice is somewhat looked down upon, so I don't do it often.)

I absolutely adore Trish McEvoy's face primer under makeup! It leaves my skin flawless for hours and hours and the foundation looks fresh all day.

I desperately want to try Clarins' Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer, but its not available yet in Australia, and i cant find a website that ships internationally. Has anyone tried it? it got a perfect score on MUA.

^ ^

I've tried it once ( got it just 3 days ago through a friend who works for Clarins ) and the texture reminds me of Clinique's ' pore minimizer instant perfector ', very silky smooth.
It's very concentrated so I didn't have to use much so even if the jar seems
small it will last a long time.
It also comes with a plastic pallet, a more hygenic option than dipping your fingers into it.
I used it under my mineral powder ( BE ) and it made my skin look flawless!
I give it 5 out of 5, it's much better than Smashbox and Nars primer.
I've got sensitive skin and it didn't make my skin break out which is a big
relief.
But as primer isn't something that I use very often I'll have to swap it
away.
Altogether, I really recommend it :smile:

^thanks for this review, very interesting. i'm using clinique's perfector at the moment, but i will definitely try this one next!!
and: does anyone know when we'll have it in europe?

^ I live in Europe so it must be out already, you may want to call and ask your local Clarins counter to be sure :smile:

I use the colour correcting primer from Smashbox, and it´s fantastic. It evens out the skintone and keeps the foundation looking good througout the day.

i really like napoleon primer - it feels so refreshing on the skin

i think its called napoleon autopilot

How much does the Clarins primer retail for? I somewhere read it's $26, but that seem rather low to me.....

Right now i am curious about Sephora´s primers.
They have two, a normal one (that seems as if it has a bit of shine) it´s called Perfecting makeup base and another that is for shine free skin called Zero shine.
Both are from the new professional range.

P1647_hero.jpg

The older one that has been available for sometime that is silicone based and it looks a bit like the Smashbox one (in terms of texture:(
P1219_hero.jpg

I don´t know the composition of the primers, apart that most for a shine free face have silicone in them.
The one from Sephora called Zero Brillance is to make the face more matte, so my guess is that it wouldn´t contain any oils.
I have only tested in my hand the Clarins one and i wouldn´t say there are any oils either, but again i don´t know the composition.

Anyway, most of the matte primers are suitable for oilier skins, so if you are looking for that look, search for these products. :wink:

I use one for oilier skins which is called Transparent Coverage and it´s by a brand called MaKe Under:
1049012.jpg

Discription
"Designed for oilier skin. Minimizes pores and refines rough spots. Makeup stays in place, looks matte and color-perfect. The face ace, works like invisible foundation. Smoothing over roughness, resurfacing shadows. Easing lines and wrinkles. Skin becomes sculpture."

I love MakeUnder, too... but hands down for me is the new MAC one- I often ude it as the foundation. Flawless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->