Best Self-Tanners

the Comodynes offer a good, natural, light tan. when you look for a "week in the sun" look, go for the L'Oreal self tanning towelettes. they're freakin intense!

just remember to scrub & moisturize before using any self tanners!

I've been using CLARINS' Gelée Auto-Bronzante Express / Self Tanning Instant Gel and all I've to say it's :clap:

^^Yes I've been a Clarins fan for a long time, and was quite dedicated to their Self-Tanning Milk for years, then tried their Self-Tanning Spray, the Gel you're using, and they worked great, but the Liquid Bronze for me comes out looking too orange, and believe me, I prep intensely beforehand by exfoliating and moisturizing well before applying it!!

As per the tanning bed, I started at 8 minutes, then increased two minutes every time I went, and now I go in for 12, but I dont think it really works, because I'm not that dark, and I use an accelerator body moisturizer and one for my face prior to laying in the bed that the tanning salons sell...I just dont want to spend an hour and a half applying self-tanner all over my body! Maybe I'll borrow a Comodynes towelette from my sister, and see how it comes out, or try these L'Oreal wipes.

What do you guys do about tanning awkward parts of the body like the back or feet? my feet are streaky and only half of them are really tanned, and my back I got my boyfriend to apply lotion on but alone it seems impossible to reach (with lotion not spray, I am using sublime bronze in lotion form)

are there any safe tanners that wont clog your pores and make you breakout? I've tried a few, but I breakout very easily with them.

To avoid pores clogging I put hydratant cream (or any other type you usually use) 20 minutes (or just wait till it dries out) before applying self tanner, same for the body

i am fairly fair and get great results from l'oreal sublime gelee. it's a gel, so it's very light and you don't have to mix it with a lotion beforehand, which is helpful.

It's really hard to get hold of self-tanners where I live, because everybody here enjoys being vampire pale... But somehow I managed to find the Island Tropics self-tanners at this drug store that sells stuff from abroad. So far it's worked pretty well, not too streaky, not too orange, but the tanner doesn't fascinate me. I'll go with everybody's suggestions and stick to something like Clarins.

I've been using clarins which looks great the first and second day, but by the third day t fades really unevenly even though I exfoliate and moisturize beforehand. I'm thinking of trying xen tan, Ive read good reviews. anyone try it?

I've been using clarins which looks great the first and second day, but by the third day t fades really unevenly even though I exfoliate and moisturize beforehand. I'm thinking of trying xen tan, Ive read good reviews. anyone try it?
Oh yes I remember this about Clarins...exactly true too, third day about, it becomes really uneven and in the worst places...:ninja:

I want something golden tan that I can apply upwards and just look sunkissed and a mix of terracotta and brown, you'd think Guerlain would be good, I used their Self-Tanning Range for years...also Lancaster.

I've tried (not including "cheap" ones here:(

Fake Bake and Xen Tan - both of them smelt horrible and turned me orange! Fake Bake was so messy to apply, and smelt gross! Xen Tan smelt nice until it dried, but then came off on towels when it had dried really easily, and came off really patchy! I exfoliate gently and moisturise everyday! Next on my list to try is St Tropez gradual tanner.

I used a trial of Clarins once and that was really good and looked natural (I'm paper white, really fair and never tan, unfortunately for me!).

The one of St.Tropez is the BOMB!!!

It's green when you put on, and in the morning when you wake-up your skin looks tanned, is't yourselfs!!

( When you use, please only use dark shaded sheets:wink:)

The Best Tan

Im really suprised there isnt a thread for this already....& if there is - mods please merge this into it. *I searched under 'Tan' & 'Tanned' but got 0 results:wink:

SO anyway, I just wondered peoples thought on the BEST tanning products available.

I have tried so many but have yet to find a real 'holy grail' of tanning.

Mouses, sprays, aerosoles, lotions. St Tropez, Fake Bake, Rimmel, Piz Buin, Model Co. I have tried ALOT!

What I guess I would consider a HG---something that is TAN, not orange, not red, not green (yes fake Bake has a tendancy to turn my fingers green!:blink:) but a deep dark chocolate colour that fades into a milky chocolate and then dissapears along with the top skin layer after 1-2 weeks.

My biggest problem with tans is how after a few days I either look jaundice, orange, or just a strangely unnatural colour. I havent found one that looks nice after a few days of wear.

I tried booth tanning with 'california spray tan'....but my feet were left looking like two satsumas after 2-3 days....I guess where so much tan falls to the floor on them.

I dont really want to use sunbeds (I can see the damage from where I used them when I was younger already on my face).

I havent tried xen tan, but have heard good things....

Experiences? Thoughts? Recomendations? all appreciated...:flower:

The best professional spray tan I have used is Tuscan Tan

http://www.tuscantan-italia.com/

Gorgeous colour with very little smell. Lasts about 7 days and fades better than self-tanners I have tried such as St Tropez lotion and mousse (but because I'm super pale and like a dark tan I have a fading problem no matter what, really).

Here's the Best Self-Tanners thread. :flower:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f45/best-self-tanners-31225.html
I myself sort of have given up on trying to look tan and 'not orange' from self-tanning and I was for awhile last spring going in beds, but I'm accepting my fair skin as colder weather comes near. A good self-tanner that left you looking GOLD was one by Chanel, but it was limited edition. Soleil Bronze I think it was called. WHY do they do that with such great products? :judge: I think Dior Bronze is a second runner-up but it's been years since I used it.

Knew there must be a thread on this. Thanks letthemeatcake :flower:

Thanks Bianca....but doesnt look like they have salons in london. :(

*goes back to read last 30 pages* :lol:

Cake, are you talking about self tanner or bronzer? cause the Chanel selftanner (the liquid) is still available.

^^It was like a cream gel that was limited edition called Sandals or something, I forget, but it was actually the color GOLD when you squeezed it out of the tube. And since gold is coming back, and really in right now, I would think they (Chanel) would bring something back for the season.

I had the Chanel Bronzing Compact as well that had four squares, it was really pretty, this was when I was into wearing makeup and being really tan, oh about 8 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->