Best Self-Tanners

i started using Chanel's Soleil Identite in Intense Bronze. lemme tell you, it's really an intense tan. not a dark one, an intense one. it's brown, with a lil bit of red, like i was laying out in the sun for some time and just came in to wash my face.

it's kinda strange, but also fantastic.

what irks me though is the smell. it smells REALLY sweet. i usually LOVE sweet scents, but this is pushing the limit for me :lol:

@pinksatin: you should try the same in Golden. it's supposed to be for fair skin while Bronze is for darker skin.

I've been wanting to try that, and I think I'd use the Golden. How much is it? I wonder if there's any potential comedogenic ingredients in it...probably, it's Chanel. Full of fragrance. :rolleyes:

lol, as i wrote already, its stuffed to the rim with fragrance. if that bothers you, neither one of my fav choices are good for you (Clarins & Chanel).

but the glow it delivers is remarkable. are you very fair?

Yes I am very fair...I'm looking at it online, and it's $40. Not so bad, but I think I had better try a sample first...does it go on with color or is it colorless? I never know what to do about the eyelids...you look horrible if you're tan all over and then you have white eyelids...eek. :yuk:

colorless.

i always cover my hands with it and go all over my face. instructions say not to get near eye area or hair, but, tz, who cares. with the rest of my hand i also just go over my ears.

people NEVER know that i'm self-tanned. NEVER. (unless i use the wrong kind in the middle of a grey winter.... but that's a given :lol:)

what do you guys suggest for the body??
street a licious, your experience convinced me to try soleil identite, but what can i use for the rest of the body?

i ♥ Cosmence "Mousse Caramel self-tanner"

i´ve tried everything from Dior, Lancóme, Fake Bake (really good - but i´m allergic to it :( ), St.Tropez to Neutrogena.

but i´m definitely in love with this Whipped Mousse (it comes out of a original whipped cream bottle ♥)

PLUS : have you ever seen a self-tanner which smells like Thierry Mugler Angel EdT ?

I´m sitting here tipping something ... and, hell yeah, i´m tanned like a California Beach Girl.

just take a look at it ... you won´t regret it :

http://www.ccbparis.fr/_fr/_fr/bodycare/index_prod.aspx?prdcode=P10310&CatCode=G0_02^G1_02_60^G2_02_60_20

or choose your country :

http://www.ccb-paris.com/

I thought that I would that Lancome's Flash Bronzer for the face is really amazing! I just put it on before I head out and bam within an hour or two you have a nice glow... nothing too much!

^^I think I am going to try that Lancome...I have heard good reviews. And I like that it is not too much.

I've been looking for this thread ^_^ I haven't used self-tanner since winter began.. too much of a hassle. Anyway, tonight I was at walgreens and only saw 2 brands that had one.. jergens and aveeno.

Bought this one and I'm trying it tonight. Was pleasantly surprised with the smell--didn't others say that the original Jergens stunk? Maybe they saw your posts and improved it!

omag_200805_tan_205_350x263.jpg

oprah.com

What do you guys prefer: spray, lotion or mousse?

I've used the tan towels in the past and found them to leave streaks and they smell putrid. Last summer my mom bought either neutrogena or l'oreal (I can't remember which one) self tanner which I quite liked because it gave me a gradual tan.

I've wanted to try Lancome's self tanner for quite some time but its expensive and I don't want to invest in something that I could get at the drugstore.

you guys seem to have the self tanner thing under control, i actually never used a self tanner or anything like that before, because i used to live near the beach, now ive moved and i want some color! thing is my skin is kind of yellow-y and im not sure what kind of self tanner would be best for me, im not pale white, im yellow ¬¬! and i believe that if i just go on my own and buy me a self tanner i would end up looking like valentino haha! what do you guys think?

are there any safe tanners that wont clog your pores and make you breakout? I've tried a few, but I breakout very easily with them.

Clarins' Liquid Bronze is non-comedogenic and an awesome self tanner. i use it the whole time.

So I am super duper pale. Like paper white. In High School, I used to go to the tanning salon (cringe! everyone was doing it!) but since then, I've rocked the pasty white year round.

Yesterday I bought tanning wipes called Comodynes. The girl at the store said they were her favorite and she had a great tan. They are little towels...I'm excited and scared to try them.

Any yay/nay?

i've tried them,I have a bunch that i got as samples and used them on my legs but they're meant for the face neck and neckline, so i guess i didn't get the proportion right. but it looks natural.

So I am super duper pale. Like paper white. In High School, I used to go to the tanning salon (cringe! everyone was doing it!) but since then, I've rocked the pasty white year round.

Yesterday I bought tanning wipes called Comodynes. The girl at the store said they were her favorite and she had a great tan. They are little towels...I'm excited and scared to try them.

Any yay/nay?
My sister uses these. Exactly what you are talking about. Comes in a gold packet? Yes. Just apply good body CREAM, not lotion, and have your skin moist-feeling, make sure its all sunken in but that it doesnt feel really dry. Maybe apply body cream first then wait 5-10 minutes?

Anyway my sister's a tanning wh*re. Not a bad word, or a bad thing, I have been going in the tanning bed lately because I've never found the perfect self-tanner.

^^
Yes, they come in a gold foil packet.
So I used a wipe about 4 hours ago (exciting way to spend a Friday night :rolleyes:) and the color has developed nicely. Right now I am very sun kissed, not super tan yet. I think I will do another one tomorrow and see from there. I was scared I'd be really dark but I'm not.

I'm so pale it took me a long time in the tanning bed to get a base color. I used to do the Hollywood Tans high pressure stand up 8 minute tan, not sure what they have now but at the time that was "the" one to use. How long do you stay in the bed? I never felt 8 minutes was enough but that was all they let you do a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->