Best Time To Buy Mink Coat ?

Originally posted by Serena@Dec 26th, 2003 - 7:52 pm
Lele,
i quoted Purplelucrezia & asked her a question about leather. I share your view on fur & leather not being the same :flower:
oh.....sorry :blush:

for snapping at you......

:P

You are correct Serena in assuming that I do not wear leather. Although I will admit that I often like the look of fur and leather and that I am by no means perfect, I do try my best to make ethical choices in my life. I am also a vegetarian, by the way. :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 26th, 2003 - 8:03 pm
You are correct Serena in assuming that I do not wear leather. Although I will admit that I often like the look of fur and leather and that I am by no means perfect, I do try my best to make ethical choices in my life. I am also a vegetarian, by the way. :flower:
i admire your dedication..... i cannot imagine having no leather whatsoever... shoes, furniture, coats, cars, belts, walllets, luggage, it must be really hard but i guess it is possible.....

Originally posted by lele+Dec 26th, 2003 - 8:01 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Dec 26th, 2003 - 8:01 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serena@Dec 26th, 2003 - 7:52 pm
Lele,
i quoted Purplelucrezia & asked her a question about leather. I share your view on fur & leather not being the same :flower:
oh.....sorry :blush:

for snapping at you......

:P [/b][/quote]
no sweat, Lele! :flower: sometimes it's easy to get confused in virtual conversations :lol:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 26th, 2003 - 8:03 pm
Purple, it's great that you stand firm on issues which matter to you :flower:

you have a nice webiste, BTW. are you really 84 years old? :ninja: :unsure:

Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it. :blush: No, I'm not really 84 years old...that was meant to be a joke... :lol: (Actually, I just turned 18)

I'd love to own mink one day. Especially a shrug. I'd love to wear a mink shrug with jeans.....fantastic...

here was my BIG IDIOT moment of last spring. Went to neighborhood consignment shop, tried on a mink coat that fit perfectly.....price: $100

AND I DIDN't TAKE IT!!!!!!! IDIOT!

I'll try again there this spring....there are five of them hanging there priced at $1000 right now, hope they will go down.

Nornor

i absoloutly abhor fur and leather. not only is it cruel but it costs a ton and smells kinda funny. somehow i never feel clean wearing a dead animal either. i admit that i used to like the feel and look but after saw pictures of the abuse the animals go through and personally witnessed them being killed, i just lost all taste for animal products :sick: :yuk: :cry: .

i'm vegetarian too! whooo!!! :flower:

Pure sex..................eeeeeeeeeeee

NMT051R_mp.jpg

I would suggest going to Neiman Marcus or Saks they usually have good Fur Departments an see what they have or some of the Small Furrier Boutiques sometimes they have sales or will finance the coat with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you're going to do a fur it must be from Saks or Neimans (cliche) I highly recommend Fendi furs, they cost a little more but you really are getting a better product. Fendi has the BEST furs I have ever come across (Revillon is good too)

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe people see my knowledge as a complete contradiction and i can understand that.... but i think there is a difference in animals that are raised and used almost completely and animals that are raised in conditions like these and their fur is the only thing used.

for you to see. the video

Fendi is a bit pricey ~ I say go to a good furrier rather than a brand fur

for furs i do know that Fendi has very good sales. In the uk boutique alot of their furs go onto sale. They do however have a line that is carried over to the next season these do not go into the sale. hope this helps! :flower:

Yeah, I suppose a fendi fur in the sale may be ok, just I'd be wary of spending much more just for the brand when it is the quality of the pelt that is more important

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->