Beyonce "Heat" Fragrance : Beyonce by Michael Thompson

The commercial makes me cringe. This whole thing just has tacky, cheap and nasty written all over it.

The commercial makes me cringe.

I'm cringing with you. :yuk:

I first saw the print ad posted at GFY.com. Nearly choked on my morning coffee. Imagine if I had died with this image of Beyoncé as the last thing I ever saw. :rolleyes:

This is really the epitome of lazy all around. I'm so endlessly tired of celebrities venturing into areas they know nothing about, simply to make a cheap buck, as if they were otherwise dangling on the edge of bankruptcy.

Fashion lines, the one-off collection etc. I can stomach, especially from people who are fashion-relevant, such as Chloë Sevigny, Kate Moss or Milla Jovovich. But celebrity fragrances make me nauseous. What are all these irrelevant names doing, invading the perfume industry they know nothing about, and has no connection to their professional work? I didn't know Halle Berry was particularly known for smelling good, although I'm sure she does. I, personally, wouldn't be caught dead with a bottle of Britney Spears' "Curious" :smile:rolleyes:smile:, especially if I had the choice of getting Very Irresistible Givenchy instead. And "Heat", the first fragrance from Beyoncé? Really? Please, don't make me laugh. I really need to pee.

Then again, watching these people desperately try to transform their names into "labels" is endlessly entertaining. B)

Still, whether you like celeb fragrances or not, you'd expect a fragrance by the name "Heat" from the artist known as Beyoncé to at least be hot, sexy, intense. Fiery as hell. Instead, I see we got some discolored toiler paper. I've seen B-rate straight-to-video action movie DVD covers with more spunk than this. Perhaps it's just the picture, but considering the theme they're trying to ride here, why the toned down red? Where's the deep, fiery #d40000 red? Why does the red lighting only slightly touch Beyoncé's hair? If this is what you're going with, then commit!

Then there's the photo itself. First off, I hate it when people wear hair split evenly on both sides. Very few people can pull it off in a way that doesn't make me cringe. Beyoncé Knowles is not of those people. And that she has her hair thrown back in the bargain doesn't exactly improve upon the look. Then there's the posing: Where is her neck? The way the photo's been cropped makes it seem that she's had to bow down her head to fit in the picture, which I sincerely doubt is what they were going for. The make-up doesn't speak to me either, nor strike me as particularly enhancing on Beyoncé. And don't get me started on that font... :sick:

Really, I do not get "heat" from Beyoncé's awkward and stiff pose, that odious, tacky song playing in the background of the commercial, nor that nondescript bottle design, in any way. Thematic references don't always have to be literal, but you can't go half-way without it looking helplessly unfinished. I might be more understanding if they'd only had 15 minutes left of their free Photoshop trial doing this, but come to think of it, even I could be more productive with PS in that same time frame.

"Catch the Fever?" All I caught was a mild cold. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Thompson... uhm, why... they've worked together before but this feels so dated

lol @ the hating.

Full commercial:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah, everything's wrong! Her face, the dress, the pose, the color... :(

Like the makers of this ad, I must have watched the Cindy Crawford bit in the Freedom '90 video about a million times.

i actually really dislike the commercial as well. Such bad acting and art direction; you would think with the millions and millions of dollars she has and the dynamic of performance she gives, they would have pulled off something much more effective. I would love it if they would have done something more subtle; less is always more. Beyonce oiled up in a red dress walking through red fog on a red set does not evoke fever, just lack of originality and creativity. And I hate to say all this because anytime there is something involving Beyonce in fashion I can never find anything positive to say, but to be fair let me just say that i wish they would have done something similar to her True Star commercial with Tommy Hilfiger..it was really inspiring with it's naturalness and purity:

:heart:

Hahaha, she is obviously saving money and have a low budget for the fragrance promo and stuff and will be getting tons of money from this. You guys can say whatever you want, but she will still be getting money and live happy.

Heat is the number 1 perfume in america! And its has just been selling for a few days! Amazing. The power of Beyonce. :P

Heat generates $60,000 in one day… in ONE STORE!

Beyoncé promoted her new fragrance Heat appearing at Macy’s Herald Square in front of 500 customers on Wednesday. She generated an estimated $60,000 at the location in one day.

:innocent:

Behind The Scenes of Beyonce's Fever

source: youtube

I quite like Beyonce and the fragrance might smell nice and is clearly selling by the shedload....but that still doesn't disguise the fact that the print ads are appalling.:ninja:

i quite like the commercial...
i dont really like the dress but i do like the commercial. the ad is a bit of snoozer though. but seriously i dont see why celebrity fragrances illicit this much hate... what makes their perfume/cologne so much less than a high fashion brands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->