Beyonce's House Of Dereon Line

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Astrid21, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Opinions?

2. cosmocat

cosmocat Active Member

Please no! I don't think Beyonce has any style at all and I find it really annoying when celebrities release clothing lines. I hate the way Beyonce thinks she can do anything- singing, acting, designing... All I can say is I can't wait to see her designs.

3. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

hmm... her mother used to make her stuff when she was at Destiny's and she used to make similar stuff from Versace and other designers, when she wasnt that rich, so, I think she might be another knockoff designer :innocent: ...I smell tons of knockoff topics on this forum.. :lol: :doh:

4. kinugasa

kinugasa New Member

it pisses me off too when stars design clothes, why can't they be happy sticking to what they are 'supposedly' good at, are they trying to take over the world..... :huh:

Things are just too accessable/ easy for them!!!!!

5. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

oh god pleas, i just hoep she dosnt knock of juicy liek jlo did

6. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

Oh god. Please put a stop to this. Who has a gun? :angel:

7. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I'm sick and tired of these cross-over artists!

I like Beyonce and all, but what in the world would possess her to make her own clothing line? What makes her think that she deserves to do something like that?

I think it's funny how these stars try to release their own clothing lines, when in reality they have stylists and dressers pick out all their clothes for them. Ugh.

8. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

- via mamma knowles no less! goody goody!!
    i cant wait to purchase a couture hot pant with break away skort covered in faux swarzovski attatched :woot:

9. Oria

Oria New Member

I like Beyonce as well, she's a helluva singer, ok as an actress no worst than the model/actress/rapper etc, but I'm inclined to agree, its sooooo easy for celebs to do this now. But you know what why blame them? Blame the companies like Jones Apparel etc who ink these deals with them. Heck no her mom may be giving directions but Tina will so not be making final calls, this is all about making money and there will be a backlash I think. Sadly some very good designers who are young will feel the heat as well.

Anyways it makes me kinda sad, but frackem! Some will last some won't, the fashion business is soooo not easy to do and sooo unforgiving on the pockets.

Wait what I found funny when reading the WWD article on Monday was that Beyonce was saying that she really wasn't sure what direction she liked because they all looked so well, I mean in so many words she was saying she was gonna be a knockoff designer. She was like "they are giving me some good ideas" arghh :shock: :angry: :lol:

Oh no you have to see the horror of Eve's line. I like her too, one of the better dressers BUT Macy's has granted this women an entire street of windows :eek: Then they kill me, "I'm overseeing everything"...sure you are even while you're on tour uh huh sureeeee.

Fashion design looks glamorous but ooo the pressure of actually seeing a line through and trying to uplift it at the same time...please its one of the hardest gigs around if you ask me. Up there with brain surgery :innocent:

I'd have so much more respect if they'd go to school for design or have some actual love for it or actually did design it. I mean shouldn't P-diddy and them really let the "real" design team walk-out on stage during fashion week for fall? I say yes darnit!

Ok off my soapbox :flower:

10. Serena

Serena New Member

:rofl: Lolita, you crack me up, girl! :lol:

seriously though, everyone wants to have a "Brand" nowdays. gone are the days when a singer was just a singer a moive star just an actor. now they open restaurants, "design" clothes, make
    horrific perfumes, write childen's books...and many of us, mere mortals, can barely find ONE suitable profession! B)

11. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

How many talents can one person show they have before the general public starts to hate them? :flower:

12. tealady

tealady New Member

And why do we hate talented people? I have no idea whether Beyonce can design a line of clothing or not but if she wants to try, that's fine by me. :flower:

13. nay-k

nay-k New Member

I would do that too
    and perhaps her designs aren't that bad. let's see first

14. Oria

Oria New Member

I agree and I don't hate anyone, thats too strong of a word and I reserve it for things that I actually do hate :lol:

But no seriously I think most of us are just kinda seeing a trend, if she can design time will tell, but again from her own words she sounded like she was going to be doing a lot of err "inspirated by pieces". Merely annoying hardly anything to hate anyone for, but I do understand some of the grunting from the designers POV.

15. Serena

Serena New Member

I don't hate Beyonce or any one else, and i specially don't hate people for their talents, if anything, talented people deserve respect & recognition. That's why i personally admire Beyonce as a singer and a performer. But IMO, you don't become a designer or a writer overnight, just like she did not become a singer & a dancer overnight. People go to school & work on their ideas & craft for years, and many of these people are truly talented, but it takes work & time to becoem successful. I think people are irked, by this trend of celebs doing ten things at the same time, and making money off it thanks to their names & their money which can be invested in numerous enterprises. They know that fame coems & goes quick, so they want to grab what they can while they still have a chance. I'm not being negative, this is just my perception of what's going on. :flower:

16. trean

trean New Member

:lol: Sure,who wouldn't want to look like this ...?
    [​IMG]

Must be Création Maman Knowles:yuk:

17. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Just for the record, I was only messing around :blush:

18. Serena

Serena New Member

hey Belowen, it's all good :) :flower:

19. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

20. Banila.B

Banila.B New Member