Not Thinking About Time
Reaction score
648a.jpg

thefashionrow
00210m.jpg

style.com
red_and_black_lipstick_lip_gloss.jpg

fashion tribes

So I have been thinking about the black lipstick trend I think it is TDF on the YSL runway. Is it to radical or is it sexy. I have also been considering the lancome take on red gloss with black undertones. I have tried it once and only got negative comments on gothiness or general :angry: even though I made my outfit less gothy I have been wearing a lot of deep brown lipstick but I like the purple undertones of the YSL black. Just wondering what were the general thoughts on this trend.

I think it's fierce on the right person.

I'm thinking a porcelain face with no makeup except the black lipstick ... hair pulled tight & into a high ponytail ...

It depends on what you do with your time I suppose. I wear black lipstick at the moment quite a bit, and I have my black mac lipgloss which I love wearing, but I dj for a living so it's not odd to be really dressy. I personally think it looks stunning in both instances, the lancome and the YSL. Don't let people who don't get it put you off, I have been sneered at even by girls at make up counters who work for YSL because they'd never heard of such a bizarre thing as black lip gloss. You are young once, go for a stunning, striking look!

^ Thats exactly how I feel I am a fashion student and other students are like what I should just do it I own it any way I just need to be bold about it I want to try and mix it with white lipgloss it might be really interesting and grey.

Do it then, mix it, don't mix it, go somewhere fabulous with it on, people will notice you in good and negative ways, but that is what happens when you fly against the mainstream. It's great to be a fashion first on the streets!

looks interesting, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Like Cato. says, black and dark lip stick/lipgloss isn't for everyone. I think it really depends on your lip shape, and that there are many other factors which come into play when you wear a certain shade of lippy. I reckon if you wore something as dramactic as black lipstick, there shouldn't be too much else on your face. I just had a funny thought- wearing black lipstick and smothering your face in bronzer :shock:-someone's attempt to get a 'sexy sun kissed look' and 'fierce lips' :P

Black lipstick

Has anyone noticed this trend around their town?

I've seen a couple of girls in London wearing black lipstick. They've also been selling it in more than a couple of mainstream make up brands also i've been seeing it in magazine spreads. What do you think? Will it catch on in the mainstream?

smashbox_400x300.jpg

btw, can you recognize Kim Kardashian here??
kim-kardashian-3-300x400.jpg

both from stylenews

i def think it's a trend.
but like the others said: there are a lot of factors that have to be right to make it look good.
personally i think, the skin has to be perfect, beautiful lips and not to forget: really white teeth, because the black might make them look more yellow.

honestly, i don't see myself wearing it. but i like it on others

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the pictures - so dramatic. How it will look in 'the real world' is another thing. I think it it is something that if done right will look amazing, but if done wrong will look very bad indeed. I have worn dark purples & browns, but not actual black. I think if I did, I would try a gloss first worn over another colour, before going for all out black. I would also experiment as to the right clothing, hair, other make-up etc. before wearing it out.

The September Vogue talks about it... maybe it will be something after all.

I for one love it. Especially on black woman. That said, the very dark maroons and aubergines look even lovelier. Black lipstick demands very chic and high glamor though. If the look is disheveled, one looks too Goth.

I love the look, but it's very hard for me to pull off. Doesn't mean I don't try every now and then, hehehehe

Like everyone else has said, it looks nice if it's on the right person and as long as you don't have heavy eye make up, or foundation that just looks pasty and gross. I think it depends on how confident a person is as to whether they would wear it or not. Even as a make up artist, I don't think I'd have the confidence to walk around wearing black lipstick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franckcl17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->