• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates

Platinum Blonde

Reaction score
What do think about Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates? I absolutely love this book.:woot: I have read it two times in my native language swedish. But I'm going to read in english in the future. Blonde is my # 1 favourite book and I know it always will be. There is no book I will ever love more.
It's not a disadvantage that is about my big idol Marilyn Monroe. But even if hadn't been but the exaxt same text I would loved it just as much. It's the kind the book that I'll never get tired of and I could read it until I die.
It sounds dramatic but that is the way I feel.
I think Blonde is like a mixture of a sweet fairy tale and scary movie. Scary in the way that a drama movie where the main characther or on of the characthers has to go through a lot of pain.

I'm currently reading this book. I just started, I'm still at page 170 (another 830 pages to read) and I was curious to know what people thought about it.
So far I like it but there's a gap between the book and what really happened to Marilyn. It's king of frustrating because it's not an actual biography. You always wonder what is real and what is made up by the writer, even if she's very talented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->