brunette to blonde

baracci

Reaction score
So originally i am a brunette but about a year ago i went blonde and it took 3 different appointments 6 weeks apart to get it to the whiteish blonde i wanted.. not platnium but not a warm honey blonde either. My eyebrows are quite dark so i didnt like the inbetween colours as they didnt suit, thoguht the blonde was alright. So then about 2 months ago i went back to my natural colour, as my hair was so porous they needed a filler before colouring it brown. HOwever i now want my blonde hair back! But i dont want to have those inbetween colours. Does anyone know why they can get your roots to that real whiteish blonde in one hit but not when youw ant the full head done. .. Or can i go back in one hit.

Thanks
B.

go to a salon and get it done. you'll kill your hair at home, literally, if you try to go back to blonde.

i have the same problem. i want to go blonde but i have permanent brown dye... all hairdressers are telling me they only do 3 appointments of full head foils to slowly get it to blonde so it doesnt damage the hair as much... but i know people who've just had it done in one go. i guess it stops it from going orange.... or falling out, which is a good thing. im wondering what it will look like after only 1 appointment.

i have the same problem. i want to go blonde but i have permanent brown dye... all hairdressers are telling me they only do 3 appointments of full head foils to slowly get it to blonde so it doesnt damage the hair as much... but i know people who've just had it done in one go. i guess it stops it from going orange.... or falling out, which is a good thing. im wondering what it will look like after only 1 appointment.

I just did this a few months ago. After the first set of foils I would say my hair was a light brown/dark blonde. After the second it was a golden blonde. I have had three sets of foils now and it's a very light blonde. I went every 5 weeks (and will continue to do so until I get the perfect very light ash blonde!). I will say that none of the colors were objectionable - if they were I would have gone more than every 5 weeks.

Personally, I wouldn't risk lightening it in one shot. Chances are it will look orange/yellow and your stylist will use a toner - which looks OK when you leave the salon but wears off quickly and then you're left with an orange/yellow mess.

Good luck :flower:

don't get it done in one shot, your stylist probably won't let you. watching girls' hair break off in the stylist's brush is so sad.

This thread is speaking to me in a big way. I recently went (at home) from light brown to blonde...or tried to. Right now, I am dealing with this golden blonde color that I hate. I swear it might actually be strawberry blonde. I have no idea what color to put in it next to lighten it up and get rid of the red! Any suggestions on how to do this with an at home kit?

baracci- Hopefully, you won't end up with my problem. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->