Bobbi Brown Makeup

I love love love the gel eyeliner.
I have it in black & use a thin paintbrush to apply cat's eye on my upper eyelid.
This has performed better than: MAC, L'Oreal HiP, Smashbox, Benefit, Urban Decay and a bunch of others.

i went to a bobbi brown counter the other day in need of something to fill in my eyebrows. because i have dark hair but sparse eyebrows, the lady at the counter suggested a light brown eyeshadow which i bought, except now i've got home and tried it a few times, it's coming out reddish and just not looking right. do you think if i go back and explain the situation they will be able to exchange it for a more suitable colour?

Bobbi Brown's lip balm is the best!! Doesn't leave an annoying shine, is waxy enough to stick around for hours and smells gorgeous AND subtle!!

Love Bobbi Brown lip-glosses!! Interested in trying Creamy Concealer cause of all the fuss.
I have the Oil Free Foundation which I like as the smell and shade are gorgeous, but I wouldn't wear it every day as its very thick.

What does anyone think of the No Smudge Mascara?

i went to a bobbi brown counter the other day in need of something to fill in my eyebrows. because i have dark hair but sparse eyebrows, the lady at the counter suggested a light brown eyeshadow which i bought, except now i've got home and tried it a few times, it's coming out reddish and just not looking right. do you think if i go back and explain the situation they will be able to exchange it for a more suitable colour?

Yes, you should take it back and exchange it for the right item. How disappointing. This policy is stated on the Bobbi Brown website in the Customer Service section so there should not be a problem. We pay a lot for quality cosmetics and the companies want to have satisfied customers. Good luck.

I've been contemplating getting the gel eyeliner but after reading these reviews I think thats the first thing I may get after payday as I've been looking for a good gel liner for a while now!

oh, i am so in love with their moisturizing creme foundation! i am using 2.5 warm sand and it just blend blend blend into my skin. it's not making it matte, but it evens it out, just like good skin, KWIM? wow!!!!!!! it's the first for me. and i live where the humidity is crazy (85%+) and it doesnt make me oily. wow.....

i also have some of her palette, and love it coz it looks so natural yet pulled together.

Yes, you should take it back and exchange it for the right item. How disappointing. This policy is stated on the Bobbi Brown website in the Customer Service section so there should not be a problem. We pay a lot for quality cosmetics and the companies want to have satisfied customers. Good luck.

thank you! :flower:

is the pink quatz shimmering brick a limited edition or it already replace the old pink shimmer brick which i cannot find on the website?

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation has surpassed Armani LSF as my favorite foundation. It is lighter coverage, but it's just so unbelievably natural.

That is because you are not using it correctly :smile: If you only have slightly dark circles, then you only need concealer. You need to put a yellow-based concealer on top of the corrector because the corrector doesn't cover anything. It only cancels out the blue and purple, meaning the under eye area is still darker than the rest of your face :flower: The product itself is brilliant, but I can see why you'd be disappointed when someone clearly has given you the wrong information :doh:

I have the concealer, it's a nice product, but I have the feeling it doesn't cover my dark circles very good. I have the one in porcelaine. Should I use the concealer with the corrector? I'm a little bit confused.:unsure:

last year i use the "oil free even finish foundation" but now i want to try "natrual finish long lasting foundation"... i've got oily/mixed skin - more oily... is the natural finish foundation right for my skin??

thank you :smile:

I have the concealer, it's a nice product, but I have the feeling it doesn't cover my dark circles very good. I have the one in porcelaine. Should I use the concealer with the corrector? I'm a little bit confused.:unsure:
I'll post a mini tutorial soon...with before and after pictures :brows:

If you only have slightly dark circles, then you only need concealer. You need to put a yellow-based concealer on top of the corrector because the corrector doesn't cover anything. It only cancels out the blue and purple, meaning the under eye area is still darker than the rest of your face :flower:

bobbibrown.jpg
bobbibrown1m.jpg
bobbibrown2.jpg
bobbibrown3.jpg

1. My horrible dark circles. I prepped with Clarins Eye Contour Gel, takes away some of the puffiness. Notice how purple my dark circles and inner corners are.
2. I apply the corrector ONLY where it's needed - where the purple colour stands out the most. There's no point in applying it all over my under-eye area. The less product you use, the better. You're gonna blend it out anyway.
3. Lightly blend the corrector into your skin. You can either use your pinky finger :smile:D) to gently press the product into your skin or use your concealer brush of choice to tap/buff the product into your skin. Notice how the purple colour is gone, but I'm still slightly dark under the eyes.
4. Apply a small amount of concealer where you're still slightly dark and pat it into the corrector. I basically apply the concealer where I applied the corrector. Very important: Set with powder using a fluffy blush! The powder that comes with the concealer is really good IMO. Lightly dab the powder, we don't want to mess up the product we just spent 5 mins applying...:lol:

It seems like a lot of work, but it really isn't. As soon as you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all :D

:woot:
thanks so much, Ida!:kiss:
you dark circles look excatly like mine..well, mine are a little bit more purple:D
I've to buy this corrector.

^That was in a good day, plus good lightening...trust me, they're much worse :lol: The corrector will save your life, I swear

I've never had much luck with her foundations/powders as they all turn orange on me
but I do adore her matte brown Espresso eyeshadow for lining (far right).
You get the intensity of black without the obvious harshness or flat ashiness of grey.
3-bobbi-brown-velvet-plum-eye-palette.jpg

makeupandbeautyblog.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"