Face Oils

BonesAndOil

Reaction score
I've read quite a bit about face oils recently and was curious if anyone currently uses them in their skincare routines. They can be quite expensive (Fresh's elixir ancien oil is $300 here...) So I'd like some feedback before I invest in an oil.

I've heard some good things about Bobbi Brown's extra face oil, and it seems reasonably priced.

sephora.com

I use oil for my skin pretty much exclusively. I like to mix my own. Currently, I add a couple of drops of lavender and a few drops of grapefruit oil to some rose oil. Love it!

Thanks for opening the thread. I just recently got interested in face oils and I'm not sure which one to purchase yet. I've heard a lot of good things about Aesop's Fabulous Facial oil but it would be nice to read about other products too.

Great thread! If your looking to mix your own oil, I know you can start out with olive oil or castor oil and add to that. Tea Tree oil is also really good for your face. Its pretty strong so its sold in small bottles.

I love Shu Uemura purifying cleansing oil. I put it on and let it set for a few min.. up to 30 min... sometimes if I have a blemish, it starts to surface with it on. So when it is time to remove it, i use some water to suds it up on my face and then wash it off. It keeps my skin pretty soft and hydrated.

I love oils for the face! I spent so much money and so many years searching for cleansers and moisturizers and serums that would "fix" my combination/dehydrated skin, with no product working out in the long term. This year I decided to do the oil cleansing thing, and it's working beautifully! I mix my own with castor oil + almond oil + tea tree oil + tamanu oil. I only use it at night to wash off makeup and sunscreen with a hot wash cloth, and follow up with an alcohol free toner. Done! My skin is really happy with this simple routine, considering it's quite clog-prone.

I would definitely be sure to check the ingredients of any face oil that you decide to include in your skin care regime. I only use very natural oils, like organic rose hip oil or Weleda's almond oil on my skin as an occasional nightly serum.

I like mixing rose hip oil with a few drops of lavender & tea tree oil for my daytime moisturizer :smile: and I bought Jason Vitamin E oil earlier today, thought it might work to use in the evening.

I just bought Caudalie's divine oil, and I'm not sure about it. First it's too fragranced, which makes me nervous since anything floral usually upsets my skin. Has anyone else used it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->