Makeup and age

Platinum Blonde

Reaction score
I'm 33 and I feel stressed about doing certain makeup styles before it becomes "too late" for me. When it comes to eye makeup it is very bright colors, shimmery and/or glittery eyeshadows and and smoky eyes in other colors than brown. When if comes to lip makeup it would be lips in unusual colors like blue, green, yellow and grey and neoncolours.
Other look I have to try before I become to old for them are signature makeup looks of legends/Icons when they were young like Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Julie Christie, Twiggy , Barbra Streisand, Jean Harlow and so on.

Does anyone here feel something similar?

I'm not even 25 but for the past 1.5 months I have been OBSESSED with a fear of ageing and losing my looks because well I was model scouted for years and this forum certainly doesn't help my confidence since people comment on models looking 'old' at 19.

As for your fear, I spoke to my father about Diane Kruger who wears short shorts at 39 and he said 'mutton dressed as lamb' is a 'look' not a 'number' issue.
If you look good doing these colours at 33 or 39 or whatever then do them. If you look silly at 24 doing them then don't.
Diane looks SENSATIONAL with her style and she's 39.

Besides, will you look back on your life wishing you had been more conservative? I highly doubt it.
Do it at 33 or 43 so you can know you tried it.

I have decided to say yes to everyone who asks me out because I always so no.
We can support each other's new confidence discourse.

Thank you so much for your sweet and helpful advice!

I find it completely bizarre when people say about a teenager or someone in their 20's that they look old unless they look much older than their age because of extremly bad lifestyle.

I agree with you that some things written on the TFS forum isn't exactly boosting your confidence. As for the mutton dressed as a lamb part, I have been hearing that I look younger than I am so I'm pretty sure I would feel pretty comfortable at wearing most of the looks at least in evening ok maybe not the blue/green/yellow lipstick exept for home. I see so many gorgeous looks on Youtube and in fashion shows that I have decided I have to try out before I enter my 40's. I wish I had tried more "crazy" makeup looks in my teens but I didn't because of lack of intererest or energy. And I can't turn back the clock. I know this post a bit depressive but it isn't entirely.

You can't be as playful with makeup in your 40's, 50's, 60's and so on as yould could when you were younger but you could still wear beautiful makeup looks

Thank you so much for your sweet and helpful advice!

I find it completely bizarre when people say about a teenager or someone in their 20's that they look old unless they look much older than their age because of extremly bad lifestyle.

I agree with you that some things written on the TFS forum isn't exactly boosting your confidence. As for the mutton dressed as a lamb part, I have been hearing that I look younger than I am so I'm pretty sure I would feel pretty comfortable at wearing most of the looks at least in evening ok maybe not the blue/green/yellow lipstick exept for home. I see so many gorgeous looks on Youtube and in fashion shows that I have decided I have to try out before I enter my 40's. I wish I had tried more "crazy" makeup looks in my teens but I didn't because of lack of intererest or energy. And I can't turn back the clock. I know this post a bit depressive but it isn't entirely.

You can't be as playful with makeup in your 40's, 50's, 60's and so on as yould could when you were younger but you could still wear beautiful makeup looks

Of course my pleasure! :smile:
Why can't you try that makeup? If you look hot then do it! Like I said, don't regret not doing it at 40 because you feared what others would say. Don't waste your life because you fear others' opinions.

Look at what some people wear on the street! Yikes. And they have no qualms about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->