body scrub / exfoliator

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Oh la la Chikita!, Dec 19, 2002.

1. lilac_wine

lilac_wine New Member

2. lilac_wine

lilac_wine New Member

cookie, I'd say just sea salt with some oil (be it baby or olive). just mix it until the runniness of it feels right, you don't want it to be like a lotion.
    or maybe you could try and mix it with honey. Honey is supposed to be very good for your skin - I'd use clear honey and preferably from the health food store. I've never actually tried it myself, but it sounds like a fragrant and stickily good idea! Gonna try it today!

3. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

A brilliant little supermarket alternative: Lava soap for $4.49.

4. jules

jules New Member

Hey there's this one from St. Ives that I've used, its really a face scrub but well they say you use it on your knees and elbows too! and I'm sure everywhere else! It's cheap too, and as good I say as the one that my mom has, from Origins :smile:

5. PradaP

PradaP New Member

I like the St Ives one too (even though its a little harsh for my face)

6. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

I use Action Gommage Biologique from Yves Saint Laurent, and is excellent, is not harsh, but it leaves your skin renewed and smelling great..I love it :blush:

7. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

The Bath & Body Works has an inexpensive, good and aromotheraputic line of scrubs. Some are keepers.

8. Banila.B

Banila.B New Member

ORIGINS has the besttt!!!!! 30$

9. Banila.B

Banila.B New Member

origins has the BEST scrubs

10. sapphireskies

sapphireskies New Member

Best Body Scrub

There are so many out there I don't know where to begin. Anyone have a long time favorite? TIA!:flower:

11. Arksiel

Arksiel New Member

St. Ives Apricot Scrub ( the BODY version, not the one people have been debating the evils of in a different thread! ) - the smell is absolutely amazing. It's like a sensory overload, and is intensified in a super super hot hot steamy shower... mmmm. I wish the scent would stay on my body afterwards, I would love to find a body spray or perfume that smells like that.

mind you, I dont pay much attention to how well it exfoliates, but it smells great! :lol:

12. Adrina

Adrina New Member

I used two body scrubs. YSL wow... really fresh, your skin becomes matte. And Origins body scrub, the result was soft.

13. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

Action Gommage Biologique from Yves Saint Laurent is similar to Guinot's Gommage Biologique. It's cheaper than the YSL, the only downside is that it is fragrance neutral while the YSL does smell great.

14. mamamila

mamamila New Member

hi, the best and the cheap is real coffe, /use filtrated or esspresso coffe after you drink it/ put a drop of oil or gentle bath gel...REVELATION :woot:

15. Stylephox

Stylephox New Member

I'm a firm believer in the Body Shop's satsuma scrub. I used to have tons of teeny bumps on my upper arms but now they're pretty much gone.

16. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

I am using two scrubs right now, one is Dona Karan energy and it´s great, the other one is a homemade scrub that i did using sugar, salt and coconut oil.
    The coconut one leaves the skin really soft because of the oil and it comes dead cheap too! :D

17. coffeeandasmoke

coffeeandasmoke New Member

The coffee thing sounds interesting. I think I might try that. There's coffee grounds in the new Victoria's Secret body scrub too.

Normally I use the Bath and Body Works spa sugar scrub.

18. budsy88

budsy88 New Member

Cookie, you could try mixing some sea salt with olive oil to form a paste and then using it like you would use a regular scrub all over your body, i use that and its really nice. but to get the oil off you would need to use body wash agen so yeah. and i loveeeee loreal exfoliatonic or something like that, its in a green tub and it smells fresh and fruity and reminds me of the seaaaa :D

19. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

I´ve heard lots of good things about Loreal exfotonic, must buy it someday :smile:

20. gsquared

gsquared New Member

I don't know about Ottawa..but here in Toronto, Origins products are sold at selected Bay stores.

And as for Blisslabs...the only place I know of in Canada that sells it is Sephora which I don't think is available in Ottawa yet...maybe you can check the bliss website and see which stores or spas sell their prodcuts:flower: