Boots In The Summer!

$400 is about £300?

Theyre basically "thonged sandals meets slouch boots"

they're interesting, they're cute, i'd buy them, and i'd wear them :smile: :heart:

(hehe no wonder I couldnt find any decent fashion forums, i was looking only looking at the british ones!)

They're cute... but suede or boots are really not for summer :wink:

if they are your sort of thing go for it, but personally i think
1) way to much money for something that doesnt look very nice
2) not practical, they are to cold to wear in winter and in most countries where it gets hot in summer they would be to hot
3) they look weird, but i dont think in a good way
4) none of my friends would buy them or any one i know which is a sign.

What is that a sign of?

I think they're cute. But too flat for me. I'd fall over tripping over my own feet.

Originally posted by Cammy@Apr 7th, 2004 - 8:54 am

i dont care who buys what, when or where, if i like something i would buy it regardless of if my 'friends or anyone else i know' will or wont. :bounce:

no offence, but if those boots were made a 'big deal' on the catwalk, i bet you and your friends would be out the door to purchase a pair :smile:

Oh god, they're hideous. :sick: I really hope they don't become the next UGGs.

Originally posted by FoxyC+Apr 7th, 2004 - 10:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FoxyC @ Apr 7th, 2004 - 10:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cammy@Apr 7th, 2004 - 8:54 am

i dont care who buys what, when or where, if i like something i would buy it regardless of if my 'friends or anyone else i know' will or wont. :bounce:

no offence, but if those boots were made a 'big deal' on the catwalk, i bet you and your friends would be out the door to purchase a pair :smile: [/b][/quote]
you got a point there....

Anyway i like them but like Sugo said, they would be too flat for me too...a little heel would be cute. :flower:

i'm starting to like them even more because it looks like many of the trendsters don't really understand how to wear them which means....i would look very individual and unique!!...if you guys really don't like them...maybe no one will buy them and i'll get them 1/2 price at the end of the season... :flower: ...oh it's good to be a non-conformist... :innocent:

One person wearing them won't be so bad. But I don't think I'd be able to handle it if they became the next big trend. :wacko:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 7th, 2004 - 6:32 pm
i'm starting to like them even more because it looks like many of the trendsters don't really understand how to wear them which means....i would look very individual and unique!!...if you guys really don't like them...maybe no one will buy them and i'll get them 1/2 price at the end of the season... :flower: ...oh it's good to be a non-conformist... :innocent:
you got a point there B)

Thank you softgrey, you and i will be the only ones wearing them and we will :P get them half price.

Originally posted by highheels@Apr 7th, 2004 - 12:58 pm
Thank you softgrey, you and i will be the only ones wearing them and we will :P get them half price.
i'm confused highheels---these are flat>>>so do you swing both ways... :wink:

and i liked our new foxy's comments...wear whatever the hell you like...the most important person you'll ever have to please is yourself... :D

I will swing in the other way only if there absolutely unique. Being only 5 foot i need a distraction from my height, and these boots would be it.

Hmmm....I'm contemplating attempting to make a pair from some cheapy Pay Less sandals and some cheapy thick but slouchy fabric. The design doesn't look that complicated. I guess the only problem would be attaching the boot part to the sandal. Ohhh they're so darling :heart: :heart: :heart:

I must disagree
I think they'd be quite tacky with a stilleto. It's the flat heel that gives the boots their charm. IMHO of course.

Originally posted by Sugo@Apr 7th, 2004 - 7:17 pm
I must disagree
I think they'd be quite tacky with a stilleto. It's the flat heel that gives the boots their charm. IMHO of course.
theyre cute when flat, but sexy as a stiletto :smile: ..

(i did a quick sketch of it as a stiletto out of boredom y'see lol)

of course they need to be kept the same colour and suede.. anything different would then be tacky, such as black leather, definitely tacky and very dominatrix-esque :lol:

Originally posted by FoxyC@Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:10 pm
come to think of it, they'd look damn right sexy with a stiletto heel!
it's been done and done and done...versace, cavalli, what did leyla say-pleind sud...

i agree with sugo, the flat is new and that's why it's so great -at least for me...

*confession-i have a pair of flat boots in olive green with an open toe-no thong-just a little peep-toe cut-off action...they are from the versus runway several yrs ago(remember when versus showed in NY?!) and i got them for practically nothing..i've worn them ONCE...but i still love them and it looks like this summer is going to be their shining moment.. :clap: YAY!!

it's almost like getting a new pair of shoes... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->