5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

9.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg

yeah I think this is great. I love the way the pleating breaks up the colorblock to give a really intersting the shape. The dresses are very very BV. I think it's very true to BV, just in a different palette and thank goodness because he can't do neutrals forever

eta: looking at this as a whole, there are some pieces I would omit, I don't think it gels together but I'll ignore it because maier is doing such interesting things and really going places imo that other people are not going this season. love it

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think Bottega will ever be anything other than elegant and classy..

so lovely...

Its very UN-BV but it looks funky! I like the red skirt and that geometric looking dress. But on the other hand it's kinda weird looking, I dunno its probably just me.
Someone earlier mentioned Louis Vuitton. I agree it has a LV taste to it bu this is much better.

^ACtually ignore that comment, I wrote it before I saw the second page lol. I love the whole collection. Its such a step up from the usual BV but it keeps the label's original integrity without going overboard with the colours.

The collection as a whole is certainly much better than the initial photos--who in the world picked those as the pieces to show off :ninja: The other major colorblock dress (tan/blue/red) is much, much more successful. Looks like someone cut the stylist budget--all the beads thrown on one look are not a good thing :innocent: But there's a lot to like here, and I like the color.

Thank god the man hasn't forgotten how to use colors!!!

I haven't seen this much color in a BV collection since his debut f/w 04 RTW show.

I agree with Meg that as a collection it doesn't really come together, but a lot of the pieces are extremely desirable. I think the lack of cohesion has less to do with the the clothes and more to do with the styling. It's not as perfectly edited as his collections usually are. (That random mumsy floral printed piece should've been nixed, and whoever put flat thick strapped sandals with a full pleated colorblocked dress should be shot)

Fantastic step forward for BV but still remaining true to their aesthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->