Bottega Veneta S/S 2024 by Alec Soth

ChicSaks

Reaction score
IMG-1488.jpg

VOGUE

Lara Menezes is fantastic! She has such a strong presence!

I believe it's shot by Alec Soth.

It's so dry. Like Blazy's Bottega. He really needs to hire someone else than his friend to take care of the brand's image...

The clothes are always very interesting but the ad campaigns are always lackluster despite the scenery. In this photograph, I do not like the model or her facial expression. Also, I think the styling looks quite dated.

I get the look, but the effort is like 'let's take some clothes and go make a campaign at the backyard'.

Photographer: Alec Soth
Art Director: Pierre Debusschere
Hair Stylist: Duffy
Makeup Artist: Hiromi Ueda
Casting Director: Anita Bitton
Models: Awar Odhiang, Daisuke Ueda, Diane Chiu, Douta Sidibe, Haojie Qi, Imaan Hammam, Kris Wardak, Lara Menezes, Penelope Ternes, Shun Yoshida, Walid Fiher

MODELS, DESIGNSCENE.NET

The full campaign is much nicer, love how it turned out as a group of shots.

Honestly, it's much, much better than what I expected from seeing only the first image. It's almost a flashback to the old 'Art of collaboration' campaigns of the Tomas Maier days. Perhaps a bit tame and at the same time slightly silly compared to Alec Soth's better works but in the end it does make sense to me as a whole and overall it does match the vibe of the collection.

Love seeing Imaan doing Bottega 🖤

I absolutely loathe it.

I hate this quirked up, funky, but humorless gallerista Celine-hangover aesthetic that will never end. Like wow…you’re so INTELLIGENT…you wear a chunky block-heeled mule.

There’s not a single item of clothing or an accessory here that looks flattering or desirable.

Seeing the full set leaves a better impression, though I think it's a bit stale. Many of the outfits also look very awkward and cumbersome, which to me is bit of a hard sell for S/S. A lot of the cuts just aren't as flattering nor convincing in static image which is how I also felt when seeing the runway images. In motion they're better, but still very heavy set on the body.

The pom-pom net is particularly (and still) heinous. Just why, Blazy?

Photographer: Alec Soth
Art Director: Pierre Debusschere
Hair Stylist: Duffy
Makeup Artist: Hiromi Ueda
Casting Director: Anita Bitton
Models: Awar Odhiang, Daisuke Ueda, Diane Chiu, Douta Sidibe, Haojie Qi, Imaan Hammam, Kris Wardak, Lara Menezes, Penelope Ternes, Shun Yoshida, Walid Fiher

MODELS, DESIGNSCENE.NET
Oh! I knew that octopus park which is nearby Shinagawa ward in Tokyo.
スクリーンショット 2024-02-02 16.36.55.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oreo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->