Bottega Veneta Spring Summer 2005

capt.sge.noi81.280904223908.photo03.default-248x380.jpg

capt.mil17409282008.italy_fashion_mil174.jpg

here are some pictures, thanks for the link mdankwah :flower:

my favourite collections so far are this one and marni. i am crossing my fingers that pradda would be good.

capt.mil17309281935.italy_fashion_mil173.jpg

capt.mil17209281932.italy_fashion_mil172.jpg

a bit dissapointed to be honest.. those shorts are everywhere and quite annoy me,
the gold bag isnt too bad really, but i was expecting so much more from BV :(

capt.mil16909281923.italy_fashion_mil169.jpg

i like the jupe culotte here

capt.mil16509281903.italy_fashion_mil165.jpg

this isnt too bad either, but .. their last collection was so much more impressive :innocent:

at least it doesn't seem to be as boring as other milan collections so far

agree about the shorts...but this is still my favorite bv collection in a long while...i was not so fond of the last collection...

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 29 2004, 08:04 PM
why is she smiling like that?
[snapback]379559[/snapback]​

:lol: stupid, isnt it?

Don't like this, it just doesn't say anything, it could be anyone, it doesn't warrant a catwalk presentation - just show it to press and buyers in a showroom - boring! :(

Originally posted by fashionaddict1@Sep 29 2004, 09:58 PM
Don't like this, it just doesn't say anything, it could be anyone, it doesn't warrant a catwalk presentation - just show it to press and buyers in a showroom - boring! :(
[snapback]379745[/snapback]​

i'm afraid you are right fashionaddict .. its not strong enough for catwalk really
and yes, it could be designed by just about anyone, sad :(

looks a little bit to 'rich lady' for me.

the woven gold bag is cool

093004_54.jpg

seems like there were better looks lurking at the BV show than the ones we managed to post earlier on this thread... above a fave selected by wwd

Bottega Veneta: A genius once suggested that form should follow function. And so it should, even at a fashion show, an event with a number of quite specific functions: to allow a designer to present his vision for a season clearly and concisely, exactly as he chooses, and allow retailers and editors an opportunity to experience and respond to that vision, while seeing the clothes.

So it’s surprising that Tomas Maier chose to show his Bottega Veneta collection in such a peculiar manner, especially since he’s determined to expand the image of the house from its accessories origins to that of a complete ready-to-wear house. First, no one working the door knew how to work a door (always a pleasure). Worse, once herded inside in packs of 20, guests found it nearly impossible to see the clothes fully. Those who managed to muscle their way through the standing-room-only crowd for a decent position near the runway simply could not concentrate on the clothes in a manner conducive to doing their jobs properly.

Maier said the collection was about “low-key luxury that’s never in your face.” That sense manifested itself most dramatically in a woven croc Cabat bag requiring 25 skins to the tune of :shock: 65,000 euros — even close up, who knew? — but the real stunner was a terrific bag in gold metallic leather. As for the clothes, they displayed an ease of proportion with a Seventies nod that looked fresh, if sometimes a little clunky. Throughout, the designer played softness against structure, the former appealing in fluid printed silk dresses and skirts, the latter in sturdy cottons with a jaunty spirit that turned sloppy on occasion, as in the too-wide pants. But the bigger problem was that one just did not leave this sorry presentation with a solid sense of what Maier wants to say as a designer.

of course Tomas' Meier's confusion was evident to all..
photo & article from wwd

is that outfit really green? this is what mine looks like

bottegavenetass05_7.jpg

i also like this one a lot
bottegavenetass05_6.jpg

I had such high hopes for this collection. Let's hope next season is better.

Originally posted by TheSweetest@Sep 30 2004, 08:13 PM
is that outfit really green? this is what mine looks like

bottegavenetass05_7.jpg

[snapback]381069[/snapback]​

hard to say, it came up bright green (which i loved) in wwd but in 'your' version looks more 'natural' one can never really say.. :ninja:

that's a huge difference though...rather confusing... :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->